Do the Orioles give Jeter a parting gift?

throwingthings

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they don't. The FO should know how the fans feel about the MFY. Let's give him a standing ovation after he strikes out for his final at bat. Classy, but not pandering.

Frankly after the all-star game, none of MLB should feel as though they even have to acknowledge he's retiring.

What did the Yanks give Cal?

"New York Yankees' date=' Sept. 28-30

The pregame tribute, just off the dirt behind home plate, included Yankee manager Joe Torre giving Ripken's wife, Kelly, a dozen long-stemmed pink roses, and former Yankees All-Star Don Mattingly presenting Ripken with a pin commemorating his last game in the city. Ripken also was given an enlarged and framed copy of the commemorative ticket each fan was given at the stadium. Reading "Farewell Cal Ripken," the tickets have black-and-white pictures of Ripken and Lou Gehrig."

[url']http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-ripken-farewelltour,0,655645.htmlstory[/url]

I hope they don't. The FO should know how the fans feel about the MFY. Let's give him a standing ovation after he strikes out for his final at bat. Classy, but not pandering.

Frankly after the all-star game, none of MLB should feel as though they even have to acknowledge he's retiring.

Oh my gosh! Is Jeter retiring? I haven't heard anyone talking about it. :rofl:

"New York Yankees, Sept. 28-30

The pregame tribute, just off the dirt behind home plate, included Yankee manager Joe Torre giving Ripken's wife, Kelly, a dozen long-stemmed pink roses, and former Yankees All-Star Don Mattingly presenting Ripken with a pin commemorating his last game in the city. Ripken also was given an enlarged and framed copy of the commemorative ticket each fan was given at the stadium. Reading "Farewell Cal Ripken," the tickets have black-and-white pictures of Ripken and Lou Gehrig."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-ripken-farewelltour,0,655645.htmlstory

Wow! Impressive - classy Joe Torre. You have Buck's feelings about the Yanks (pro and con) but he does respect the heck out of Jetes. I expect something significant. Perhaps a crab cake shaped baseball, a black and orange mouthguard and a framed ticket to the Orioles first playoff game. :scratchchinhmm:

"New York Yankees, Sept. 28-30

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-ripken-farewelltour,0,655645.htmlstory

I say give him the same thing with pictures of Jeter and Ripken on the tickets.

A miniature copy of the Orioles' 2014 AL East champions banner.

He has absolutely killed us during his career. Glad to see him gone and let's hope we leave a parting shot of our backsides in the standings.

I've seen bad kharma before. You came up with the king... of bad kharma.

Archived