+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Davis Has Become A Rally Killer.

I'm about done waiting for him to turn it around. I'm almost ready to if Ryan Howard is available. We cannot continue to having that giant eye sore hitting 5th. What's his avg, 195 and dropping? Today, he had multiple changes and failed each time. At the very least, he should be dropped in the lineup.

Do we try to sign him next year or let him walk? Billy says bye bye.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Button View Post
    Do we try to sign him next year or let him walk? Billy says bye bye.
    Won't be try Billy. He isn't a free agent until 2016.

They *might* non-tender him, but I don't think it is likely.

JourneyFan is offline Plus Member since 11/03 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Maybe Buck should drop him back to seventh in the lineup...for more than just a game or two.

Oops. Billy's bad. Apologies.

My issue with it all is he should be getting less AB's...not more. Keep at 7th, call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by WNY Orioles Fan View Post
    I'm about done waiting for him to turn it around. I'm almost ready to if Ryan Howard is available. We cannot continue to having that giant eye sore hitting 5th. What's his avg, 195 and dropping? Today, he had multiple changes and failed each time. At the very least, he should be dropped in the lineup.
    Im a Davis hater right now too, but if you're expecting better results from Ryan Howard be prepared for more of the same frustration. They're basically producing at the same level.

MarylandAaron is offline Plus Member since 10/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Really, Ryan Howard? He's basically like a Chris Davis except older, more expensive, and worse defensively. However, I agree with your main point that Davis should be dropped in the lineup, and benched more often. His all or nothing approach simply isn't working for us at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandAaron View Post
    Really, Ryan Howard? He's basically like a Chris Davis except older, more expensive, and worse defensively. However, I agree with your main point that Davis should be dropped in the lineup, and benched more often. His all or nothing approach simply isn't working for us at this point.
    Lol...You got me on that one. I looked up Howard's stats and he's hitting in the low 200's himself.

gmelson26 is offline Plus Member Since 7/14 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I love Buck to death, but sometimes I wonder if the way he sticks with "his guys" is the reason he hasn't gone all the way with a club. Reminds me of when Hardy batted .220 in the 2 hole for an entire year. I'm fine with Davis batting 5th or even lower when he's setting the world on fire, but we haven't seen that for basically a year. Recall the 2nd half of last year wasn't that great either.

Davis has to be dropped in the order. There were two occasions today when he came up with a runner on third base and less than two outs and he struck out. In the past week beginning a week ago Saturday against the Mariners where he has left numerous runners in scoring position. Cruz seems to be getting out of his slump. Davis will pop the long ball and plays excellent defense which can merit keeping him in the lineup. But he has to be lower in the order. He has struggled mightily against power pitchers. There is no indication he is going to break out of his season long slump.

atomic is offline Plus Member since 03/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I am sick of Chris Davis. He just refuses to hit it the opposite way. Both times with the guy on third I figured he would strike out. And the reason for this is all does is try to hit home runs. It is ridiculous. If he was making outs by hitting to all fields I would not be upset by continually trying to pull the ball into the shift just makes me angry.

I was never a good baseball hitter but if the played me like they do Chris Davis I would have been.

socalbirdfan is offline Plus Member since 4/21/2012 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Lol...You got me on that one. I looked up Howard's stats and he's hitting in the low 200's himself.
    Did you check out his fielding numbers? For his career Howard is a -49 DRS. It takes a special kind of bad to be that horrible.

rochester is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The worst part, IIRC (was listening to the radio) is the bottom of the third - he was up with the bases loaded - I was hoping he would only strike out fearing a DP.

gmelson26 is offline Plus Member Since 7/14 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    I am sick of Chris Davis. He just refuses to hit it the opposite way. Both times with the guy on third I figured he would strike out. And the reason for this is all does is try to hit home runs. It is ridiculous. If he was making outs by hitting to all fields I would not be upset by continually trying to pull the ball into the shift just makes me angry.

I was never a good baseball hitter but if the played me like they do Chris Davis I would have been.
    I was the biggest Davis fan for the past 2.5 years. I'm also starting to sour on him. I sometimes wonder if all he's trying to do is hit HRs for a bigger contract. Sometimes, with like men on 3rd or 2nd, I just wanna see him shorter up or not use that tree trunk of a bat and just get a simple hit.. particularly when they give him the left side of the field.