+ Reply to Thread
    gmelson26 is offline Plus Member Since 7/14 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation

Question about Major/Minor League Training

So I was reading about Bundy's latest lat injury. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but it's still an injury. In the comment section I saw,

"I can't help but think that the O's need to change things with their traners or pitching coaches in the minor league system ..It's a systematic wide problem within the organization that doesn't happen with most teams. It's a bit concerning tht every year this happens to us ...Klein, Bundy, Harvey...who's next?"

Now I know next to nothing about our minor league system, but the Orioles don't seem to have that many injuries.. of a preventable way.

Regardless, it got me wondering and was hoping to get some opinions from more educated sources on this matter. Does our system seem plagued by an inordinate amount of potentially preventable injuries?

This has me thinking about Manny's knees. Someone posted they believe he has a knocking knee condition. Assuming this is the case or frankly just that he has knee issues, do we do advanced training techniques to target these sorts of problem areas?

Quote Originally Posted by gmelson26 View Post
    So I was reading about Bundy's latest lat injury. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but it's still an injury. In the comment section I saw,

"I can't help but think that the O's need to change things with their traners or pitching coaches in the minor league system ..It's a systematic wide problem within the organization that doesn't happen with most teams. It's a bit concerning tht every year this happens to us ...Klein, Bundy, Harvey...who's next?"

Now I know next to nothing about our minor league system, but the Orioles don't seem to have that many injuries.. of a preventable way.

Regardless, it got me wondering and was hoping to get some opinions from more educated sources on this matter. Does our system seem plagued by an inordinate amount of potentially preventable injuries?

This has me thinking about Manny's knees. Someone posted they believe he has a knocking knee condition. Assuming this is the case or frankly just that he has knee issues, do we do advanced training techniques to target these sorts of problem areas?
    Yeah, it was comment section. I woul not worry about it. We are pretty healthy as an organization. If not, Brady would change it.

gmelson26 is offline Plus Member Since 7/14 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Yeah I view comment sections for the laughs generally. This one just got me thinking about it, and I realized I know little about how our training stacks up. Though, I do hear good things about Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by gmelson26 View Post
    Yeah I view comment sections for the laughs generally. This one just got me thinking about it, and I realized I know little about how our training stacks up. Though, I do hear good things about Brady.
    I think we are in line with the better organizations since the move to Sarasota and Dan Duquette changing our personnel. Pretty much everyone has been successfully elsewhere. John Stockstill is the only one that I am aware of on the Baseball Operations side that has any tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    I think we are in line with the better organizations since the move to Sarasota and Dan Duquette changing our personnel. Pretty much everyone has been successfully elsewhere. John Stockstill is the only one that I am aware of on the Baseball Operations side that has any tenure.
    Thats the whole thing in a nutshell.

DD has made major changes and needs serious kudos for doing it and the results are clearly evident by the results of the last 2 seasons and this season too.

Andy needs kudos for getting Peter to sign-off on Sarasota and more importantly, changing the way the owner handled of the team and allowing his baseball people to run things.