+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Toughest Part of the Schedule to Date

This may not seem logical, but I believe this part of the schedule is the toughest for the Os to date. Why?

The Os are 9-14 against the AL Central. Granted, they are 1-5 against the Tigers and 3-4 against the Royals and are done with them. But they are only 5-5 against the rest of the division and are facing some of the better pitchers in the AL (and NL for that matter) in the next few weeks. For all the talk about the Os record against the East and the West, this is the stretch that will define the Os playoff run.

I don't think this will be a cupcake run. The team has to stay focused and continue to pound quality pitching.

Yes. Also, Cleveland is .500 and the White Sox are below...hopefully we won't "let up"....I doubt that though with Buck at the helm.

Also we are terrible at Progressive Field. And coming off of a big "beat NY" high to play a meh Indians team.

Danger zone. Stay hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by dan-O View Post
    Also we are terrible at Progressive Field. And coming off of a big "beat NY" high to play a meh Indians team.

Danger zone. Stay hungry.
    Kluber might be the most underrated pitcher in baseball right now and one of the very best. Its going to be a battle for us tonight. And Cleveland isn't a slouch either.

Mayor McCheese is offline Plus Member Since 12/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Firestone View Post
    Kluber might be the most underrated pitcher in baseball right now and one of the very best. Its going to be a battle for us tonight. And Cleveland isn't a slouch either.
    I agree.

Cleveland may give us some trouble but I really like how well this team plays on the road. I think the only time they really struggled was the series in Oakland.

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'll be happy with 5-4. Cubs suck and so do the White Sox.

DrungoHazewood is offline Hangout Contributor Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Roy, will Kluber's perfect game tonight be with 18 strikeouts, or 22?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    Viewing the comments regarding tonight's game and this road trip, one constant has been evident all year. Buck doesn't let his team drift off too far from the present task at hand. They tend to play better when facing a teams #1 starter. My hope is we 7 innings out of Chen. If that occurs I feel we will be in a position to win.

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    o
    70-50 after tonight's game.

backwardsk is offline Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Well, it's not like we can have a push over like the Yankees every series.

Just a long fly ball from Tropicana field
    The toughest part of the schedule is always the next or current game. You can't do anything about the games you've played already and you shouldn't be worried about the games in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Viewing the comments regarding tonight's game and this road trip, one constant has been evident all year. Buck doesn't let his team drift off too far from the present task at hand. They tend to play better when facing a teams #1 starter. My hope is we 7 innings out of Chen. If that occurs I feel we will be in a position to win.
    Not sure why you referenced my post.

VeveJones007 is offline Plus Member Since December 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Does the Firestone Reverse Jinx work unless he starts a new thread? We'll find out in 9 hours. Grab some popcorn.

VeveJones007 is offline Plus Member Since December 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    In all seriousness, Kluber is an awful match for the O's. I am not confident about tonight's game.