+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My eyes are deceiving me.

I have not been around in a long time because I am a terrible poster. I just wanted to come back and say that I am looking at the standings, the O's are almost 8 games up. They are running away with the division. How did this happen? What is going on?

I have no idea. This seems like a dream.

BohKnowsBmore is offline Plus Member since 3/14 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommaculate View Post
    I have not been around in a long time because I am a terrible poster. I just wanted to come back and say that I am looking at the standings, the O's are almost 8 games up. They are running away with the division. How did this happen? What is going on?

Simple...
    Pitching, defense and three-run home runs!

Tx Oriole is offline Plus Member Since 04/04 - All-Star Hangouter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You are not a terrible poster. You have irritated me and I have irritated you. No problems. Welcome back.
    As for the O's they are playing good ball. I don't know what's
    happened but I am sure enjoying the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BohKnowsBmore View Post
    Simple...

That about sums it up. They were barely above .500 until the rotation started to gel in July.

VeveJones007 is offline Plus Member Since December 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Oriole View Post
    You are not a terrible poster. You have irritated me and I have irritated you. No problems. Welcome back.
    As for the O's they are playing good ball. I don't know what's
    happened but I am sure enjoying the season.
    Last 30 days (w/AL rank per Fangraphs):

Hitting:
    38 HRs (1st - Houston 2nd w/31)
    113 runs (t2nd - Oakland 1st w/123)
    .278 BABIP (13th - relatively unlucky as well)
    .316 wOBA (t4th)

Pitching:
    3.03 ERA (5th - starters are 3rd)
    3.31 FIP (5th)

Defense:
    3rd

VeveJones007 is offline Plus Member Since December 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by jabba72 View Post
    That about sums it up. They were barely above .500 until the rotation started to gel in July.
    Yep. See the stats above.

Quote Originally Posted by BohKnowsBmore View Post
    Simple...

Steve Pearce looks like he could run through a brick wall after that. And he would for this team.

srh523 is offline Major League Hangouter - Plus Member since 4/05 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    And chicks dig the longball!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanfran327 View Post
    Steve Pearce looks like he could run through a brick wall after that. And he would for this team.
    Steve is like an enforcer. I would not want to tangle with this wolverine-man.

This is beyond belief. This is the year the Orioles win the World Series. I will be outside flipping over cars when they do.

I saw Buck in the dugout after the last Yankee game with a calm, happy demeanor, like he himself couldn't even believe what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dan-O View Post
    Steve is like an enforcer. I would not want to tangle with this wolverine-man.
    He is definitely one of our character guys. A better version of Jonny Gomes.

This is beyond belief. This is the year the Orioles win the World Series. I will be outside flipping over cars when they do.

I saw Buck in the dugout after the last Yankee game with a calm, happy demeanor, like he himself couldn't even believe what is happening.

We have just one more hurdle and we're on our way. We have a 7 1/2 game lead which matches the exact same highest lead we had in the "Why Not" year before Toronto ran us down and beat us by two games. So once we clear this next hurdle and make it to an 8 game lead and eliminate the jinx, it will be all down hill!