Ah hell, let's re-sign him

tinamodotti

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick is challenging a ton of Orioles historical numbers. Now that it's obvious he's healthy and can play at a high level, I'm all about making him an Oriole for life. He's our Jeter.

Well maybe not Jeter, but point taken. This year, I have realized how important he is to this team. Not, $15 million important, but maybe $10M/yr for 3yrs.

Nick is just one of those guys who never loses focus in a big moment. One of the many reasons I don't want to let him go.

I have a feeling he is going to hit around .400 this postseason. You know he has to be itching for the playoffs after being forced out of '12.

Well maybe not Jeter, but point taken. This year, I have realized how important he is to this team. Not, $15 million important, but maybe $10M/yr for 3yrs.

I doubt he'd go for that. Probably be closer to 3/40 (if not worse), and I think wed be better with taking the option. Lets not make another Roberts mistake.

I'm usually of the mind that it's better to move on too early than too late, but I'm going to be really upset to see Hardy and Markakis move on. I hope they can hammer something out that works for both sides. Maybe the O's will make a deep playoff run and Angelos will let them bump the payroll to 110-115 or so. One can dream...

Archived