Jordan Danks - CF

Gordon Beckham - 2B

Jose Quintana - LHP (6-9, 3.14 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Although Jose Quintana has a 6-9 W-L record, he has a very good E.R.A. (3.14), W.H.I.P. (1.228), and not including intentional walks, is averaging 1 walk every 3.6 innings.

He's not Chris Sale, but he does have solid numbers.

Don't assume a loss when you're facing a Chris Sale, and don't assume an easy game for your offense when you're facing a pitcher with a modest W-L record. :)

o

Although Jose Quintana has a 6-9 W-L record, he has a very good E.R.A. (3.14), W.H.I.P. (1.228), and not including intentional walks, is averaging 1 walk every 3.6 innings.

Don't assume a loss when you're facing a Chris Sale, and don't assume an easy game for your offense when you're facing a pitcher with a modest W-L record. :)

I don't think anyone on this board assumes that. Pretty much every game thread includes someone complaining that the O's can't beat mediocre pitchers (although Quintana is better than mediocre).

o

I don't think anyone on this board assumes that. Pretty much every game thread includes someone complaining that the O's can't beat mediocre pitchers (although Quintana is better than mediocre).

I know that.

Perhaps I should have used the same sentiment in a different manner.

Don't assume a loss when you're facing a Chris Sale, and don't necessarily assume that your offense sucks if they struggle with a pitcher who has a modest W-L record.

o

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nfWlot6h_JM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have no chance.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fGWR3uI3Qa0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's tough!

Archived