If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series, how would you feel about playing the Nats?

Frobby

Of course I am not quite ready to assume we'll make the playoffs, much less make it to the World Series. But in that scenario, how would you feel about playing the Nats? Would that be extra exciting for you? Would it add to the already-high stakes? Or are you indifferent? Personally, I think it would be extra awesome to have that element.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I am not quite ready to assume we'll make the playoffs, much less make it to the World Series. But in that scenario, how would you feel about playing the Nats? Would that be extra exciting for you? Would it add to the already-high stakes? Or are you indifferent? Personally, I think it would be extra awesome to have that element.

We've done incredibly well against them and we'd once again get a ton of our fans in Nats park which I think gives the team a boost.

Also, Buck would out-manage the heck out of Matt Williams as he did in the regular season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am not a Nats fan. However, since the Nationals and their fans are a major part of the economic region that the Orioles hail from (for instance, many of my coworkers come to work by way of the Washington beltway), I think it would be great for the whole region: Maryland, Virginia, and DC.

I don't think there is a huge rivalry between the Nats and O's yet, despite the media trying to hype it up. The teams play their games, shake hands, and go their separate ways. There would definitely be some spice in future regular season games for years to come, if we faced off in the World Series.

Economic win for the area: Check.

Exciting baseball: Check.

Opportunity to attend "away" World Series games without having to get on a plane or a long train ride, and then see 20,000+ O's fans at the "away" game: Check.

Add some intrigue to future interleague regular season games against the Nats for at least the next few years: Check.

All in all, it's hard to think this wouldn't be the ideal situation for both Nats and Orioles fans.

On the other hand, if the Nationals make it to the World Series and the Orioles don't, I won't attend the game or cheer for the Nats, but I might lazily watch them on TV. I would certainly watch them with more "interest" than, say, a World Series consisting of the A's against the Dodgers.

Whoever you play in the World Series, should we be that luck, will be talented. At least they don't have Kershaw.

Certainly true. I'd be curious what the results of a poll would be asking who would trade our 25 guys for theirs. I... Like our guys but damn it's close. That team is oozing talent. They're possibly more balanced than us as well.

I love DC the city and happily root for the Nationals as my "second team," although my following of them is dramatically less than the O's.

But if we played the Nats I do think it would raise the stakes for me as a fan even more, if only because I know enough Nats fans that hate the O's that I wouldn't want to hear it from them if we lost! As a DC area native that stuck with the Orioles after the Nationals arrived there would be an extra pride element in it as well. And it would just be amazing to have the Beltway World Series matchup when five years ago both teams were the laughingstocks of the league.

Personally, I would love it. As a Northern Virginian, I've taken some grief from family especially for not embracing the Nats when they moved here. I just don't like them

even as a "second" team. I guess it comes to not really liking Harper, can't stand their broadcasters, and I really don't like Nats fans giving me crap for choosing to stay

with the team that made me fall in love with this sport.

I'd absolutely hate it. I have too many friends who are Nationals fans. Playing them wouldn't add any incentive for me to root passionately for us to win. I want that a crazy amount no matter who we play. All it sets me up for is endless gloating, one way or another.

Archived