Ryan Sweeney - RF

Logan Watkins - 2B

John Baker - C

Jake Arrieta- RHP (6-4, 2.61 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pearce was sick this morning but still in lineup. For now</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

From Roch:

CHICAGO - The Orioles are making their second visit to Wrigley Field, and their fans are expected to pack the place. They already were lined up outside the ballpark more than four hours before the first pitch, and large groups were inside taking the tour.

Orange jerseys as far as the eye can see.

:D This is fun!

From Roch:

CHICAGO - The Orioles are making their second visit to Wrigley Field, and their fans are expected to pack the place. They already were lined up outside the ballpark more than four hours before the first pitch, and large groups were inside taking the tour.

Orange jerseys as far as the eye can see.

:D This is fun!

That's great to see. Wasn't surprised that our fans were able to do that at the US Cellular but Wrigley is pretty impressive since even though the Cubs stink, their diehards are well diehards. Would love to have a clean Chicago sweep this weekend.

That's great to see. Wasn't surprised that our fans were able to do that at the US Cellular but Wrigley is pretty impressive since even though the Cubs stink, their diehards are well diehards. Would love to have a clean Chicago sweep this weekend.

Lot of orange but a lot of blue too. Looks like a packed house.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I was and still am a Means defender.   Velocity is not John's game.   In 2019 his average 4 seamer was 91.7 mph.   But his changeup was 80.9 mph and his curve was 77 mph according to Statcast.  John went 12-11 with a 3.60 ERA that year.   Its the different in the speeds of the pitches that makes John effective. According to the information I found about a Texas pitcher in 2022 come off TJ surgery the O's can and I think probably will apply to MLB for another month of rehab in 10 day increments.   John's comeback story is far from over IMO.
    • Count me in I was there, see above post.
    • We stole two of the three games against KC when they came to Baltimore two weeks ago, and everybody knows it. My guess is they'll have a chip on their shoulder about that. They out-hit us and out-homered us in our own park, and an unlucky bounce here or there and we could have been swept. I know the Brewers blew us out two of three, but IMO the Royals are the best team we've face so far. I'm expecting to lose a couple in KC but wouldn't be surprised if we lost all three.  
    • Different times. The Champion 1894 Orioles averaged about 165-170 pounds a man, and Big Dan Brouthers weighed in at 207. At least according to bb-ref.
    • Copying and pasting from my phone which isn’t ideal.      Speed is the name of the game. Just as major-league teams are working on models that can help them make decisions faster, so do public analysts trying to help people beat the line, win that overall prize, or at least beat their college friends in that fantasy league. In the effort to make better decisions faster, we have a few statistics that can aid our efforts: • Fastball velocity stabilizes quickly — three starts should reliably predict the rest of the season. • Relatedly, Stuff+ becomes meaningful after as little as one start, at least when it comes to fastballs and sliders. • Strikeout-minus-walk rate is one of the most powerful small-sample tools.   —————-   Burnes:   Stuff+ told us before the season that Burnes had a great curveball that he could feature more, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's done exactly that in Baltimore. He's also seen his fastball velocity return to 2022 levels. The result has been vintage Burnes, at a time when it seems like all the aces are falling around him. Long-term park factors are funky in Baltimore — with the new dimensions, Burnes should easily put up a low-threes ERA with plenty of strikeouts.   —————— G-Rod:   Like with this teammate Burnes, you can expect Rodriguez to beat this ERA projection. He now has two fastballs and two secondaries that are elite in terms of physical characteristics, so it's a full arsenal. Even using last year's data to improve the sample size, he's shown above-average command of four pitches, too. The only question mark is the fact that he lacks a slider. The cutter isn't great — overuse of that pitch early last season is what got him in trouble — and he hasn't consistently thrown a hard breaking ball. Otherwise, he's golden Grayson.        
    • I tried to do some @Just Regularkinda writing in the opener
  • Popular Contributors