Notre Dame Football 2014

incubus

The Positives:

2012 starting QB Everett Golson is back from his year suspension

Red Shirt Freshman QB Malik Zaire is ready to step in if Golson is hurt/falters/needs rest

The Negatives:

5th year Left Guard & OL Captain Zach Martin is now in the NFL a pretty big hit for the line.

Junior TE Troy Niklas entered the NFL draft a year early and went in the 2nd round. Golson will have a new Tight End to get used to throwing to.

Williams, Russell, Daniels, Moore, & Hardy will be (at the very least) held out of the 1st game against Rice while the academic investigation is wrapped up (most will probably be suspended.)

Game 1- Today vs Rice @ 3:30 EST

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, Golson is good. He just scrambled and threw a touchdown with five seconds remaining in the 1st half. The guy who caught it dropped one earlier that was thrown perfectly and would have been a TD.

He has an absolute gun and he's accurate. Great legs enable him to buy himself time. The 75 yard TD pass earlier in the game was a seed. Huge talent.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

He has an absolute gun and he's accurate. Great legs enable him to buy himself time. The 75 yard TD pass earlier in the game was a seed. Huge talent.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Heck yeah he's accurate! He's maybe 10-16 right now but I've counted at least three dropped balls that were perfectly thrown. And I do mean perfectly.

He must have been thinking,"Come on, dude, I can't throw it much better than that."

His instincts running the ball are good too. He just ran in one for another TD and cut it back while taking on the defender as he crossed the goal line. Impressive.

Golson is exciting, hopefully the layoff doesn't hurt him. Losing Martin is tough. Those you mentioned under investigation are on defense?

Wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, defensive end Ishaq Williams, cornerback KeiVarae Russell, linebacker Kendall Moore and Safety Eilar Hardy all suspended. So it hits them on both sides of the ball.

Probably the worst part is the experience they lose as all are upper class men. 3 Seniors, a Junior and Moore is a Grad Student!

7:30 start time tonight for the Irish and Wolverines. End this rivalry on a high note Irish!

#goirish

#beatwolverines

#muckfichigan

I know so many people who traveled back to South Bend for this I'm worried my wife and I won't have many people to watch the game with. If anyone is interested in watching the game with fellow Irish fans, the official MD game watch is at Social Pub and Pie on Cross St in Fed Hill. We have all kinds of drink specials, and pizzas are all $10.

7:30 start time tonight for the Irish and Wolverines. End this rivalry on a high note Irish!

#goirish

#beatwolverines

#muckfichigan

I know so many people who traveled back to South Bend for this I'm worried my wife and I won't have many people to watch the game with. If anyone is interested in watching the game with fellow Irish fans, the official MD game watch is at Social Pub and Pie on Cross St in Fed Hill. We have all kinds of drink specials, and pizzas are all $10.

I would love to visit the pub the next time I'm in town even if it's not during the season just so I get an idea of where all the fun takes place.

Maybe I can schedule my next trip for this time of the year that way I can still see the O's and check the Irish.

#michiganunissuck

Man, was I ever surprised to the score of this game. I am concerned the Irish could only amass 54 yards rushing. That will have to be better.

Yes, that's concerning, but the receivers held on to a bunch of well placed balls for big gains. Golson again looked fantastic. His throws were where they needed to be more often than not. He was throwing where the receivers routes were taking them, which is exactly what great QBs do, It kept the ball away from defenders.

The Defense, looked awesome as well, not perfect, but good enough to win a bunch of games. It was so loud in the bar, that I still don't know why the final play pick-6 was called back:

Yes, that's concerning, but the receivers held on to a bunch of well placed balls for big gains. Golson again looked fantastic. His throws were where they needed to be more often than not. He was throwing where the receivers routes were taking them, which is exactly what great QBs do, It kept the ball away from defenders.

The Defense, looked awesome as well, not perfect, but good enough to win a bunch of games. It was so loud in the bar, that I still don't know why the final play pick-6 was called back:

Can you believe this kid? People haven't seen him since the last time he played vs Alabama in the Championship game two years ago. He just looks like a totally different player. Like he grew up and they all notice the changes he's made. I mean the national crowd. Some early Heisman whispers.

Can you believe this kid? People haven't seen him since the last time he played vs Alabama in the Championship game two years ago. He just looks like a totally different player. Like he grew up and they all notice the changes he's made. I mean the national crowd. Some early Heisman whispers.

Yeah, they said he worked with a 3rd party QB coach all last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Solid victory this time. Golson was good, not great (25-40 259 yards, 2 TD) and moved the ball when he needed to against Purdue.

The running game still looks stagnant but 139 yards is an improvement over last week. I'm not sure it matters when they have Golson. He creates a lot of offense on his own.

Archived