North Dakota State Picks Up Where it Left Off

OFFNY

o

Last year, North Dakota State not only won their 3rd consecutive I-AA National Championship ........

A) They blew out each and every playoff opponent (4-0) in the process.

B) They defeated a Division 1-A school that beat Michigan in a lower-tier bowl.

C) They finished the highest ranking ever for a 1-AA team, at # 29 in the AP poll.

o

OFFNY said:
o

North Dakota State finished the season at 15-0, including blowouts of all 4 playoff opponents and a win over Division I-A Kansas State (8-5), who beat Michigan in a lower-tier bowl game.

They were ranked # 35 in the AP poll and # 22 by Sagarin before the start of the I-A bowl games.

They probably won't get it, but they have an outside shot at becoming the first I-AA team ever (1978-present) to finish the season in the Top-25. If not, they will likely wind up being the highest ranked I-AA team ever, probably between # 26 and # 30.

o

o

Now, the Bison they picked up right where they left off, thumping Division I-A Iowa State on their homefield by a score of 34-14.

North Dakota State spotted the Cyclones 14 points before reeling off 34 unanswered points of their own, to win going away.

It was also their 5th consecutive win against Division I-A teams.

o

I've been saying for a year now that North Dakota should be moved up a division. Hell, put them in a lower BCS bowl this year against a D1 team (ACC,Big10, or something)and see how they do. They have been the big fish in the small pond for years, you figure the team would want to move up.

• 3 months later...

o

FROM LAST YEAR:

OFFNY said:
o

North Dakota State finished the season at 15-0, including blowouts of all 4 playoff opponents, and a win over Division I-A Kansas State (8-5), who beat Michigan in a lower-tier bowl game.

They were ranked # 35 in the A.P. poll and # 22 by Sagarin before the start of the I-A bowl games.

They probably won't get it, but they have an outside shot at becoming the first I-AA team ever (1978-present) to finish the season in the Top-25. If not, they will likely wind up being the highest ranked I-AA team ever, probably between # 26 and # 30.

o

FROM SEPTEMBER, 2014:

OFFNY said:

o

Last year, North Dakota State not only won their 3rd consecutive I-AA National Championship ........

A) They blew out each and every playoff opponent (4-0) in the process.

B) They defeated a Division 1-A school that beat Michigan in a lower-tier bowl.

C) They finished the highest ranking ever for a 1-AA team, at # 29 in the A.P. poll.

Now, the Bison they picked up right where they left off, thumping Division I-A Iowa State on their homefield, 34-14.

North Dakota State spotted the Cyclones 14 points before reeling off 34 unanswered points, to win going away.

It was also their 5th consecutive win against Division I-A teams.

o

o

Although they actually lost a game earlier this year, which snapped their 33-game winning streak, North Dakota State's is playing tomorrow night in the I-AA semifinals.

They will be trying to win their 4th consecutive I-AA national championship.

Their overall record is 56-3 over the last 4 years.

o

• 3 weeks later...

o

4 consecutive national championships (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014) for the Bison.

2014 I-AA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Ollllll.l.lllllllll.o) - 29

ILLINOIS STATE OOOOOlllllllllllllllll.lll.OO.) - 27

o

oo

They won tonight. It's pretty remarkable what they've accomplished.

Every year for the past few years they and their rather large, rabid fan base, takes over Frisco, TX (close to where I live) for a week. It's nuts at the local bars. They literally take them over.

I watched a little bit of the championship game and I was shocked by how loud their fans were. Pretty impressive for a I-AA team.

• 11 months later...
OFFNY said:

o

4 consecutive national championships (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014) for the Bison.

2014 I-AA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Ollllllllllllllllllll.l.o) - 29

ILLINOIS STATE OOOOOllllllllllllllllllll.lll.OO.) - 27

o

o

They're back again ...... going for a 5th consecutive I-AA National Championship.

2015 I-AA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Ollll.llll.ll.ll..o) (12-2)

JACKSONVILLE STATE OOlllllllll.lllOl.) (13-1)

o

o

• 3 weeks later...

o

5 consecutive I-AA National Championship.

This time, they were the underdogs ...... Jacksonville State was the #1 team in the country.

2015 I-AA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Ollllllllll.).)o) - 37

JACKSONVILLE STATE OOlll.)lllOl.)- - 10

o

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

o

The Bison FINALLY had their string of 5 consecutive national championships stopped.

Their streak (2011-2015) is the longest consecutive national championship streak in college football ever at any level (Division I-A, Division 1-AA, Division II, and Division III.)

Since the advent of Division i-AA in 1977, North Dakota State became the only I-AA school ever to finish in the Division I-A rankings at season's end, finishing at #29 in 2013.

They also are currently riding a winning streak of 6 consecutive wins against Division I-A opponents, which is an all-time record for a Division I-AA school.

DIVISION 1-AA SEMIFINALS

JAMES MADISON  OOOOOOlllllllllllll.lllll.llll.) - 27

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Oo.llllllll.llllllll - 17

o

o

• 3 months later...
On 12/21/2016 at 12:09 PM, OFFNY said:

o

The Bison FINALLY had their string of 5 consecutive national championships stopped.

Their streak (2011-2015) is the longest consecutive national championship streak in college football ever at any level (Division I-A, Division 1-AA, Division II, and Division III.)

Since the advent of Division i-AA in 1977, North Dakota State became the only I-AA school ever to finish in the Division I-A rankings at season's end, finishing at #29 in 2013.

They also are currently riding a winning streak of 6 consecutive wins against Division I-A opponents, which is an all-time record for a Division I-AA school.

DIVISION 1-AA SEMIFINALS

JAMES MADISON  OOOOOOlllllllllllll.lllll.llll.) - 27

NORTH DAKOTA STATE Oo.llllllll.llllllll - 17

o

o

One year later, North Dakota State won its 6th National Championship in the last 7 years. ll O.o

2017 DIVISION 1-AA Championship Game

NORTH DAKOTA STATE lllllllllllll.llllllll - l17

JAMES MADISON  llllllllllllllllllllllllll.lllll.lllllllllll - l13

o

• 11 months later...

o

Guess who ??? )) :noidea:

2018 DIVISION 1-AA Championship Game

NORTH DAKOTA STATE llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - ll38

EASTERN WASHINGTON  lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - ll24

o

• 11 months later...