+ Reply to Thread
    OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Reversal of Fortune

o
    7 years ago, I was sitting in Oriole Park, and I witnessed a GREAT come-from behind extra innings win for the Orioles over the Yankees.

That win KO'd the Yankees from contention for the division title (they settled for the wildcard.)

Little did I know that several hundred miles away, Red Sox fans at Fenway Park ........ encouraged by their mascot (Wally) ...... were starting a "Let's go, Orioles" chant, because they needed the last-place Orioles to beat the Yankees so that THEY (the Red Sox) could claim the A.L. East title.

The 2007 Red Sox not only clinched the division title that day when the Orioles beat the Yankees that day, but they went on to win that year's the World Series also, sweeping the Colorado Rockies in 4 games.

FAST FORWARD 7 Years: The Orioles are playing at home, in first place by 8 and-a-half games. And it is the LAST-PLACE RED SOX whom THE ORIOLES need help from in order to expedite their chances to win the division title, as the Bostonians are playing the Yankees in the Bronx tonight.

It's a complete reversal of fortune for the 2 franchises ...... something that I am liking, very much.

Nava with a 3 run job, 5-0 Sox

Make that 6-0 Bogarts with a bomb

OFFNY is offline Plus Member since 3/11 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    o
    (SEPTEMBER 2nd)

BOSTON RED SOX OOo.. - 9

NEW YORK YANKEES O - 4