Alejandro De Aza - LF

Adam Jones - CF

Nelson Cruz - DH

Chris Davis - 3B

Steve Pearce - 1B

Caleb Joseph - C

Ryan Flaherty - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Miguel Angel Gonzalez - RHP (8-7, 3.38 ERA)

BOSTON RED SOX

Mookie Betts - CF

Dustin Pedroia - 2B

David Ortiz - DH

Yoenis Cespedes - LF

Mike Napoli - 1B

Daniel Nava - RF

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

David Ross - C

Joseph William Kelly - RHP (3-3, 4.14 ERA) *

* (2-2, 4.37 ERA) [sT. LOUIS CARDINALS] OOO (1-1, 3.89 ERA) [bOSTON RED SOX]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly might be the toughest of the pitchers we are scheduled to face. It may have just been the Cardinals uniform (which automatically makes everyone better than they probably are), but I watched him pitch last year and he has really good stuff.

On the offensive side, I worry the most (as always) about Pedroia and Ortiz. Pedroia is an Oriole killer who has more RBI against us than against any other team, and he hits .328 career against our pitching. Ortiz is just scary in general. Napoli and Cespedes are also threats, and Nava who has always hit us pretty well.

Boston may not be a good team, but as a collection of individual players they are actually pretty tough.

Kelly might be the toughest of the pitchers we are scheduled to face. It may have just been the Cardinals uniform (which automatically makes everyone better than they probably are), but I watched him pitch last year and he has really good stuff.

On the offensive side, I worry the most (as always) about Pedroia and Ortiz. Pedroia is an Oriole killer who has more RBI against us than against any other team, and he hits .328 career against our pitching. Ortiz is just scary in general. Napoli and Cespedes are also threats, and Nava who has always hit us pretty well.

Boston may not be a good team, but as a collection of individual players they are actually pretty tough.

Absolutely, and Kelly is nasty. This game will be tough. Watched him pitch for the Red Sox and he was flat out dominant that game. He's a future All-Star imho.

Adam is very cold and very lost at the plate right now.Rather have it now than later if I have to have it at all.

You must mean he's not hitting HR's. He's getting base hits, and had the best AB of the game so far for the O's. Sure didn't look lost.

Archived