Can you bunt to break up a no hitter?

BRobinsonfan

Is it okay to bunt to break up a no hitter?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is it okay to bunt to break up a no hitter?

• No, bunting to break up a no/no is a weenie move
    • Yes, bunting is hard a hit's a hit

I didn't vote because there wasn't a choice that really suited me. I have no issue with Dominic Brown bunting in the 5th inning of a 1-0 game. It's doubtful he's bunting to try and break up the no-hitter (he's probably only slightly aware of a no-hitter). He's bunting to get on because his team is down 1-0. I would say if it's at least 5-0 and beyond the 6th inning, it's a dick move to break up a no-hitter with a bunt.

But really the Padres don't have much to complain about. If you don't want him to break up your no-hitter with a bunt single, then don't leave half of the infield open or don't pitch against the shift.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a choice that really suited me. I have no issue with Dominic Brown bunting in the 5th inning of a 1-0 game. It's doubtful he's bunting to try and break up the no-hitter (he's probably only slightly aware of a no-hitter). He's bunting to get on because his team is down 1-0. I would say if it's at least 5-0 and beyond the 6th inning, it's a dick move to break up a no-hitter with a bunt.

But really the Padres don't have much to complain about. If you don't want him to break up your no-hitter with a bunt single, then don't leave half of the infield open or don't pitch against the shift.

This. All of this.

I don't think you bunt in an 11-0 game, however, if it's a 1-0 or 2-0 game I think that it's a good strategy to bunt for a hit.

It serves two purposes, you get the tying trun on base or at bat, and it gets the pitcher out of his groove.

IMO, the ultimate goal is to win the game.

Archived