OK, so it looks like Detroit

vab

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should be a tremendous battle. If we can match their SPs I think we have the clear edge in the bullpen. The World Series may be a breeze for whoever comes out of the AL.

Simply stated without Manny and Davis we are overmatched against their starting pitching and their offense and lineup is the best in the league and probably the game in my estimation

Detroit's career OPS allowed vs Baltimore

Porcello - .178/.213/.200 - 413 (wow)

Verlander - .212/.276/.346 - 622

Price - .252/.298/.353 - 651

Sanchez - .225/.279/.375 - 654

Scherzer - .280/.315/.439 - 755

Verlander may not make the postseason rotation depending on the health of Sanchez. So things aren't too bad for the Orioles, particularly vs their supposed #1 Scherzer. But Porcello is killin' them.

The ERA's vs Detroit

Tillman- 3.58

Chen- 4.91

Norris- 6.57

Gonzalez- 8.47

Gausman- 5.40

Might be risky to start Gonzalez

I drink orange kool-aid, but I feel like our team and pitchers are all a lot better than when these #s were produced.

Secondly, the OP makes a good point regarding the bullpens. If we can keep the game close through 6, we have a clear edge.

Thirdly, I trust in Buck. He's obviously aware of the #s and will do everything he can to put the team in a position to win, including lineups, pitch sequences, defensive positioning, bullpen matchups, etc. Buck > Ausmus.‎

Verlander has rediscovered his stuff and V-Mart is the best hitter in the league (yes even better than Cabrera and Trout right now).

I'm starting to get nervous.

The one thing that keeps me going is that we've seen a pretty strong correlation in recent playoffs that outstanding bullpens thrive in the playoffs and weak bullpens get shredded through like tissue paper. With the Tigers' pen being one of the worst in the league, I'm hoping that disparity is large enough.

Still... Scherzer, Price, Verlander... *shudders*

Verlander has rediscovered his stuff and V-Mart is the best hitter in the league (yes even better than Cabrera and Trout right now).

I'm starting to get nervous.

The one thing that keeps me going is that we've seen a pretty strong correlation in recent playoffs that outstanding bullpens thrive in the playoffs and weak bullpens get shredded through like tissue paper. With the Tigers' pen being one of the worst in the league, I'm hoping that disparity is large enough.

Still... Scherzer, Price, Verlander... *shudders*

Verlander? Really?

Archived