Braves Fire GM Frank Wren

Can_of_corn

Amaro is just a tool of ownership, I think. He's awful but I also give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not allowed to play with a full deck.

However if you took his moves at face value he is probably the worst GM in the game.

He did a very good job for the Braves - and it's shown in their records. Yes, he's made a couple of moves that made no sense - like over-paying for BJ Upton, but he's also made excellent moves such as the trade for Justin Upton. Every great GM has made a couple of moves that stunk. If the Braves hadn't lost several starting pitchers to injuries, they'd probably make the playoffs again this season.

He did a very good job for the Braves - and it's shown in their records. Yes, he's made a couple of moves that made no sense - like over-paying for BJ Upton, but he's also made excellent moves such as the trade for Justin Upton. Every great GM has made a couple of moves that stunk. If the Braves hadn't lost several starting pitchers to injuries, they'd probably make the playoffs again this season.

You are right about the pitching. But where Wren struggled the most was the high priced free agents (and Uggla), and nearly everyone has been a bust. For a mid-market team, you can't blow every major move (Upton, Uggla, Lowe).

Amaro is just a tool of ownership, I think. He's awful but I also give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not allowed to play with a full deck.

However if you took his moves at face value he is probably the worst GM in the game.

He misjudged the values of his own players and kidded himself they were still in the playoff hunt when they weren't.

Then, he didnt even understand batting averages and walks, etc. geeze.

Archived