Why did Buck give that game away?

MrOrange82

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Accusations require foundation. I don't see the point of this thread unless you spell it out.

The post before yours covers at least two elements supporting a foundation. Terrible pitcher throwing to Jeter with a runner in scoring position and less than two outs. Didn't set up the double play. Didn't throw a decent reliever who might've shut the door (or not let it open in the first place).

And after the team fought back following terrible defensive displays by other B-squadies.

Accusations require foundation. I don't see the point of this thread unless you spell it out.

I mean, IBB to Jeter and Britton on to get the DP with the lefty McCann up is the obvious move. Anyone but Jeter, any other night and you have to imagine that would have happened. Britton has not been overworked lately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• They are definitely going to do some extensions. That is what is best for business and competitiveness. Only an egomaniac would believe that superstar talent is easy to replace. And Elias doesn't strike me as that. And Rubenstein doesn't appear to be a bad businessman. Gotta have stars to market if you want to maximize engagement within your fanbase. Gunnar Hendersons don't just grow on trees.
    • No it doesn’t.  Needing additional development and being rushed are 2 different things. And btw, that additional development could happen at this level.
    • LOL at Verducci trying to pigeon hole a “type” preference when (at least for the talked about guys) there seems to be variance in selections.  The not drafting HS arms high in draft is not unique. Gunnar, Holliday = HS athletes Adley = catcher unicorn Cowser, Kjerstad, Westburg, Norby = bat first college guys (at time of draft) Beavers, Fabian = college athlete with known swing holes Bradfield = speed and defense college guy Mayo = bat first HS Im struggling to see any pattern there.  Now where Os do seem to have biases come later in draft with college bat profiles and college arm profiles but those guys are lower in system and prospect lists for now.  
    • I think there are numerous examples of players coming up and struggling, then getting sent back to Triple A to work on things and coming up different players. Whether you want call that something other than rushed, "not ready" or "in need of more development", I won't argue semantics  Now maybe they need that to experience that failure in the majors sometimes to know what they need to go back down and work on.   That could be a valid point to make.  But saying that there is no such thing as rushed takes the possibility for additional development that could have occurred in the minor leagues, out of the equation.  
    • Overwhelmingly, players career years is at age 26. He's already 25, yes he can be a late bloomer but remember most great prospects come up at ages 20-23. Holidays got 5 years on him.
    • I think you'd see a much stronger correlation to how they were rated in the minors vs. draft position. Westburg has been treated similarly to Cowser and Kjerstad. Adley, Gunnar and Holliday were all consensus #1 prospects and have been given pretty much immediate every day player status.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now