• SF in 4
    • SF in 5
    • SF in 6
    • SF in 7
    • KC in 4
    • KC in 5
    • KC in 6
    • KC in 7

Giants are up 3-1 on the Cardinals, so that series is pretty much done.

Who do you like in the World Series, Giants or Royals?

The Royals play old-school baseball, they can catch the ball and put it in play. They play as a team. With that said, SF has the pedigree and the experience in the World Series. If things don't go right out of the gate for the Royals, they may not be able to overcome it.

The Royals play old-school baseball, they can catch the ball and put it in play. They play as a team. With that said, SF has the pedigree and the experience in the World Series. If things don't go right out of the gate for the Royals, they may not be able to overcome it.

That's part of my worry as well. Really, not saying this to be an ass, but they still haven't experienced losing in the postseason. It's a very young team that's been on such a high I don't think they've even realized what's going on in a way. When they lose and feel a little bit of pressure...who knows. Could be down hill from there.

Go, Giants!! I am so sick of Royals being media darlings. During the final Os/Royals game, the TBS announcers were so 1-sided, favoring the Royals; the might as well have used the regular Royals announcers.

I saw somebody else make this comment, and I agree, that it almost seemed as if they were trying too hard to not be one-sided towards the O's that it turned into no emotion at all or praising the Royals even more than they typically would. You know Cal had to be cheering for the O's, but he's not supposed to show it.

That's part of my worry as well. Really, not saying this to be an ass, but they still haven't experienced losing in the postseason. It's a very young team that's been on such a high I don't think they've even realized what's going on in a way. When they lose and feel a little bit of pressure...who knows. Could be down hill from there.

Agreed, that is my point precisely. They haven't experienced adversity in the postseason, not this year, not for many years. They really don't know what they are doing, nor how difficult this is. They just hope it keeps going. This is a bit like the Ravens first SB run, for the team and the fans. The second SB run was very different, because the Ravens had already faced adversity and defeat in the postseason. In a sense, it was a more satisfying run than the first.

The Giants are the one NL team that I think can actually beat the unbeatable KC Royals jauggernaut. They are a well rounded team. However, it would not surprise me if KC continues their roll and wins four straight one run games including at least one extra inning affair. I do think though that if the Giants can win the first game, it might knock them off their haughty pedestal and bring them back to earth. I wouldn't mind KC winning so much if not for their haughty attitude/swagger where they act much like Boston, when in reality they have been winning these games frequently (as in the last two) by the slimest of threads.

Dont really care and wont be watching. When does spring training start?

But as some have posted, the attitudes of the players and fans in KC is something you would like to see squashed and all of them humbled.

I don't think the lucky team will win a game.

The only World Series I basically haven't watched in the last 35 years or so was the Indians/Marlins series in '97. This will probably be the second. That said I will be rooting for K.C. At least we can then say, hey, nobody else could beat them either.

I don't mind the Royals winning. In fact, I think I'll still root for them to win despite their elimination of us. They're a gutsy team. And I'm tired of the Giants (and Cardinals) in the World Series.

But I still hope Jerrod Dyson goes 0-10. And gets picked off of first three times.

And yeah, I hope Guthrie loses the game he pitches. Yes, because of the t-shirt.

Archived