Billy Butler has a $12.5M team option for 2015.....what happens?

Aglets

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is also coming off the worst season of his career.

On the other hand, he turns 29 next year.

Seems likely the Royals won't pick it up....right? Could he fit in here? He did still crush LHP in 2014.

Buck likes some versatility with his lineup. I don't think he wants a one-dimensional guy holding down just the DH spot.

I like the idea of Butler, who seems to absolutely destroy Camden Yards. My ideal choice would be to see what the Braves want for Gattis. He's cost controlled and I could see him having a 35 to 40 HR season in Camden Yards and without having to catch anymore. If we can't work out a trade for Gattis, Butler would be a decent fallback on a one year deal.

People whined about the Kung Fu Panda's (can't remember his real name) weight when he just has a weird shaped body, but Butler is clearly over-weight, and it showed in his production. He's a talent, but I would not be interested.

I like the idea of Butler' date=' who seems to absolutely destroy Camden Yards. My ideal choice would be to see what the Braves want for Gattis. He's cost controlled and I could see him having a 35 to 40 HR season in Camden Yards and without having to catch anymore. If we can't work out a trade for Gattis, Butler would be a decent fallback on a one year deal.[/quote']

I think Gattis would take quite a bit.

I think Gattis would take quite a bit.

I'm not sure. He won't be cheap, BUT he is basically strictly a DH. Their trade value is only so great. Plus the Braves pitchers basically hate him, and he can't play any other position. So the Braves almost have to trade him. While their bargaining position is still decent, it isn't as great as it could be. And a player like Gattis is who I don't mind giving up farm system pieces for. High upside, long term cost controlled.

Archived