Buck tells 1057TheFan. Orioles are currently working on deals for Cruz & Markakis.

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck tells <a href="https://twitter.com/1057TheFan">@1057TheFan</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> are currently working on deals for Cruz & Markakis.</p>— Sports With Coleman (@sportswcoleman) <a href="

">October 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd figure 120 myself.

That would be closer to my rough estimate. Currently at $105m. Give Cruz a raise of $10m, give Nick a cut of $3m. Net increase of $7 million, puts us at $112m.

Now trade Norris for prospects and non-tender Matusz, you save $9.5m. We can sign Andrew Miller and perhaps another LHP without going over $155m.

That would be closer to my rough estimate. Currently at $105m. Give Cruz a raise of $10m, give Nick a cut of $3m. Net increase of $7 million, puts us at $112m.

Now trade Norris for prospects and non-tender Matusz, you save $9.5m. We can sign Andrew Miller and perhaps another LHP without going over $155m.

I am an idiot. The $105m does not include Nick and Cruz. So Nick and Cruz would put us at about $135m.

18 million a year for a DH?

Yikes!

And you can forget Miller. There is no indication that we are even interested.

No to $18MM for Cruz.

Why trade Norris? Gonzo would get more in return as he's not a FA until 2018. Norris would be the type of pitcher you move at the deadline if the season is tanking.

Archived