The 12 best Orioles of 2014

PaulFolk

Interesting list.

I think an argument could be made for Caleb Joseph. The team easily could have gotten no production or negative production out of the catcher spot after losing Wieters but Joseph didn't let things spiral too much.

I would also like there to be an honorable mention of Joba Chamberlain for giving us the ALDS all by himself.

I would rank Markakis last on this list if he makes it at all. Also give some consideration to Brach. Gave us some huge innings whenever he was needed, ended up with 7 wins to only one loss. Also Miller was so incredibly important down the stretch and in the playoffs I think he should get some consideration for the overall list.

If you want us to rank you list post it on here. I am not going to another site just to see a list of 12 players.

Seriously? Paul is one of our senior moderators and Press Box are our partners. I would hope our Hangouters support Paul and our partners.

Seriously? Paul is one of our senior moderators and Press Box are our partners. I would hope our Hangouters support Paul and our partners.

Paul is a valued asset. And Press Box Online is an excellent partner and news source. Paul is one of the finest writers I have the pleasure of knowing.

Markakis needs to be #12.

AJ and JJ are 1 and 1A. If i'm starting a team I begin with them.

Flaherty needs to be on there somewhere. (to many pitchers listed; but who do you take off?)

And not no but heck no to Caleb. Didn't he end the season 0-35 or something like that? (for who ever mentioned him)

He's too busy to click on something, but not post here complaining about it.

I think a case can be made for a Top 4, including Tillman, to be put in any order. Also, despite only being here 2 months, Miller has a case.

Thanks, all. Good observations.

Playing time was a big factor in my list. For the top 12, I mainly stuck with players who were on the team all season and were either everyday players or regular starting pitchers/relievers. That's why guys like Miller, Young, Joseph, Flaherty, etc. didn't make the cut -- they either spent limited time with the Orioles or weren't everyday players. Players like that who helped on a limited basis were profiled in Part 3, the part-time contributors.

Thanks, all. Good observations.

Playing time was a big factor in my list. For the top 12, I mainly stuck with players who were on the team all season and were either everyday players or regular starting pitchers/relievers. That's why guys like Miller, Young, Joseph, Flaherty, etc. didn't make the cut -- they either spent limited time with the Orioles or weren't everyday players. Players like that who helped on a limited basis were profiled in Part 3, the part-time contributors.

So with that qualification in mind, doesn't that basically make these 12 the only ones eligible, sans Matusz?

Archived