Congrats to Madison Bumgarner

Frobby

Yes most awesome WS pitching performance I have ever witnessed!! What I loved about this game was how the Giants beat them at their own game with two sac flies and bloop hit along with shutdown relief! Couldn't have been anymore poetic justice in finishing them off finally!:thumbsup1:

That's one of the great World Series performances.

Agree 100%. I thought he might go 1-2 innings, but 5 on 2 days rest. It was great and a real classic performance.

If the Royals were going to be the Champs, they had to beat the best. They had the opportunity.

In the World Series Bumgarner went 2-0 with a save, giving up one measly earned run for a 0.42 ERA in 21 innings pitched.

Bumgarner's 21 World Series innings pitched were 4 2/3 more than the rest of the rotation pitched COMBINED.

For his career, he is 4-0 with a 0.25 ERA in 36 World Series innings.

Bumgarner pitched 52 2/3 innings in the postseason, blowing by Curt Schilling's record of 48 1/3 set in 2001. His ERA for those record setting innings?against ostensibly the best teams in baseball?was an astoundingly minuscule 1.03.

For his career, Bumgarner is 7-3 with a 2.27 ERA in the postseason.

Madison Bumgarner threw the 12th most innings in the majors during the regular season. 3,372 times he reared back and hurled his left arm forcefully across his body, a savage delivery that would inspire concern in any pitcher not named Bumgarner. Before Game 7, he added 634 more postseason pitches. 4,006 pitches on that arm, and then he went out an added 68 more nearly perfect pitches.

I doubt you'll ever see anything like that again.

http://deadspin.com/you-will-never-see-a-pitching-performance-like-that-aga-1652642819

Words don't really do Bum's WS performance(s) justice. I've never seen a guy put an entire team on his back the way he did. So glad I was able to witness it.

http://deadspin.com/you-will-never-see-a-pitching-performance-like-that-aga-1652642819

Words don't really do Bum's WS performance(s) justice. I've never seen a guy put an entire team on his back the way he did. So glad I was able to witness it.

I've seen a few. Bob Gibson pitched three complete games in back-to-back World Series, posting ERA's of 1.00 and 1.67 and striking out 26 and 35 batters. Mickey Lolich won 3 games in the '68 series, including pitching a complete game in Game 7 on two days' rest and beating Gibson. But Bumgarner's is right there with Gibson, Lolich, Hershiser, Schilling and a few others, and you can certainly argue it was the best ever.

For anyone who's forgotten, Babe Ruth pitched in two World Series, winning all three of his starts and posting an 0.87 ERA.

I've seen a few. Bob Gibson pitched three complete games in back-to-back World Series, posting ERA's of 1.00 and 1.67 and striking out 26 and 35 batters. Mickey Lolich won 3 games in the '68 series, including pitching a complete game in Game 7 on two days' rest and beating Gibson. But Bumgarner's is right there with Gibson, Lolich, Hershiser, Schilling and a few others, and you can certainly argue it was the best ever.

For anyone who's forgotten, Babe Ruth pitched in two World Series, winning all three of his starts and posting an 0.87 ERA.

Yes I also thought that Lolich had won three games in one WS as his name did believe it or not pop into memory as that was quite a feat. Was unaware of Babe Ruth' pitching so great though in a WS. Wonder why since he was so good he ever stopped pitching?

There are a number of players from that Giants team I would be happy to see at the O's, and only 1 from KC.

Bumgarner was awesome, but I think Posey, their giant DH and Hunter Pence along with 'The Panda' had a fantastic game

Who is the one player from KC you'd like to have? Just curious.

And congrats to the Giants and Bumgarner, of course. It's always awesome to see someone put up a performance like that, especially since I was rooting for the Giants anyway.

Archived