Orioles Discussing Four-Year Deal With Nick Markakis (Signs w/ATL)

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles Discussing Four-Year Deal With Nick*Markakis <a href="http://t.co/Dh6l1difFe">http://t.co/Dh6l1difFe</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="

">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope this is not true. I like Nick, but this is more than the Orioles should have to go to get him under contract

The O's anted up last time and gave Nick a very fair deal. This time they need to realize they have the upper hand and if they bring him back, do it in as team friendly a way as possible.

That isn't a four year deal.

I'm against a four-year deal in principle, but it depends on the dollars. I'd rather sign Nick for 4/$36 mm than 3/$33 mm, for example.

I'd rather go 3/33. It would be different if he didn't have trade protection. I don't know if I can see the O's cutting him or him retiring if his skills crater by year four.

I can't help but think Angelos is telling Duquette what to do if he signs him to a 4 a year contract. I cant' see Dan doing this on his own.

Man, it sure is disappointing. I feel like they'll end up bringing back Markakis for a pretty penny, and then use that as an excuse why they couldn't sign Cruz or Miller.

Damn, not a lot of love for Nick around these parts. I know he isn't a superstar but he is not a bad guy to have on your team and he is a Buck type of player which you can't quantify. Obviously I'm hoping for a home town discount for more years but it's not that bad of a situation.

You guys really need to loosen up and take a chill pill you know it. A four year deal to Nick Markakis is not going to hurt the Orioles. Nick could play first base or DH in worst case scenario. The Orioles can't afford to lose Nick and Nelson Cruz. You have to lock up Nick because the chances of resigning Nelson Cruz are not that high.

Archived