Teams must set their 40 Man rosters by tonight

weams

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson and Wright will be promoted. Bridwell seems very likely. Ward probably does not make the 40 man because of age and his lack of hitting. Givens is a tough call because the roster is getting tight. His mid 90's fastball could cost Lombo or Quinin Berry their roster spot but its a guessing game.

I would not be surprised if Garabez Rosa gets put on the 40-man or is taken if not. Yes, take that statement in and consider how far he's come! lol

The O's don't seem that high on Rosa.

From Roch:

I've heard that the Orioles also are interested in infielders Paul Janish and Rey Navarro.

Janish, 32, hit a combined .268/.323/.359 this year in 113 games at Triple-A Colorado Springs and Triple-A Omaha. Selected by the Reds in the fifth round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft out of Rice University, he is a career .214/.284/.288 hitter in 431 major league games with the Braves and Reds. He spent 2014 in the minors.

It appears that the Orioles will have lots of competition for Navarro, 24, a switch-hitter with speed and developing power who's also regarded as a plus defender with exceptional range at shortstop.

The Diamondbacks chose Navarro in the third round of the 2007 draft and traded him to the Royals three years later. He batted a combined .282/.343/.435 this season with 34 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 57 RBIs in 132 games at Double-A Pensacola and Triple-A Louisville in the Reds organization. Navarro was a Double-A All-Star before starting at shortstop with Louisville.

The Orioles really are focused on upgrading the shortstop position, where Janish has played in 344 games in the majors and Navarro has played in 445 over eight minor league seasons. They signed Ozzie Martinez to a minor league contract this week because of his glove. They also signed Derrik Gibson to give them another option.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2014/11/notes-on-young-jimenez-de-aza-minors-and-more.html

I would be very surprised on both counts. He has come a long way but he's still a utility guy who did decent in AA and is 25. I'm expecting Wright, Wilson, and Bridwell. I'll be surprised by anything more than that. Actually, I was surprised they signed Drake to a ML contract.

I'm not expecting Bridwell to be added after how awful he was in the AFL as a reliever. I would rather they signed Gamboa to a major league deal like they did with Drake.

Rosa is a super utility guy who can play any position on the field besides catcher and pitcher. I know there are people who like Rosa in and out of the organization. He may or may not get taken, but if a team is looking for a cheap super utility guy he could be nabbed if the Orioles don't protect him.

I would be very surprised on both counts. He has come a long way but he's still a utility guy who did decent in AA and is 25. I'm expecting Wright, Wilson, and Bridwell. I'll be surprised by anything more than that. Actually, I was surprised they signed Drake to a ML contract.

I'd rather have Rosa than Lombo.

I'm not expecting Bridwell to be added after how awful he was in the AFL as a reliever. I would rather they signed Gamboa to a major league deal like they did with Drake.

Bridwell will be protected. Go look at the numbers, Bridwell had two terrible outings that made his numbers look bad.

Archived