Nick Markakis and the 40 man

Carllamy

Does anyone else but me think that the O's haven't signed Nick Markakis yet because they are waiting until after the Rule V draft to do so, that way they have two extra 40 man spots - Chris Davis' and Nick Markakis'?

I could be wrong, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nick and the O's actually have mostly come to an arrangement, that they just haven't ironed out the details and signed yet, and Nick is okay with that as it not only helps his team, but gives him another 2 weeks for some other team to decide they want him and give a better offer that he could then take back to the O's in order to get a little more.

Does anyone else but me think that the O's haven't signed Nick Markakis yet because they are waiting until after the Rule V draft to do so, that way they have two extra 40 man spots - Chris Davis' and Nick Markakis'?

I could be wrong, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nick and the O's actually have mostly come to an arrangement, that they just haven't ironed out the details and signed yet, and Nick is okay with that as it not only helps his team, but gives him another 2 weeks for some other team to decide they want him and give a better offer that he could then take back to the O's in order to get a little more.

Not signing Nick cause he's not worth what he's asking.

I think the O's are offering Nick less than he wants. He is waiting out the market for other players to sign. Then he will get his best offer from other team(s) and bring it back to the O's to match. If the O's don't match the offer he will have to decide which team to sign with. The O's or the other team.

I don't think roster management has anything to do with it. JMO.

Archived