Are you worried about the Red Sox?

Valhalla

I know that people only want to see puppies and sunshine here, but the Red Sox are spending hundreds of millions to sign talent like Handley, Sandovel, Cespedes, Lester. The O's are not putting any extra money in to compete.

It is a lovely thought that we don't need any extra talent, or free agents, but it is unrealistic. While the Red Sox are building a team stacked to win another WS, the O's are letting Cruz and Miller slip away. If you take away Cruz from 2014 we wouldn't even make wild card.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that people only want to see puppies and sunshine here, but the Red Sox are spending hundreds of millions to sign talent like Handley, Sandovel, Cespedes, Lester. The O's are not putting any extra money in to compete.

It is a lovely thought that we don't need any extra talent, or free agents, but it is unrealistic. While the Red Sox are building a team stacked to win another WS, the O's are letting Cruz and Miller slip away. If you take away Cruz from 2014 we wouldn't even make wild card.

The Red Sox finished 25 games behind the Orioles and just spent $200 million on talented players but not 20/year talented players. The Panda is a decent regular season player who loves the playoffs, and Hanley should leave the glove at home. I'm not worried about the Sox yet, until they sign some starters.

As for the O's, I think it's a wee bit early to start criticizing them for not making moves. The Winter Meetings is when things normally start to heat up. Plus, we need to make some tweaks, not major moves. That said, I'd like to have Cruz and Kakes back. Miller was never in the discussion of returning, and everyone knows it. Not sure why people keep bringing his name up?

No I'm not worried about the Red Sox. Not yet anyway.

Those deals are bad deals. They're clogged up now and have to get rid of people, presumably for pitching. But there's no way they can flip one year of Yoenis Cespedes for Cole Hamels or the like. They're now older and more injury prone. And I don't see any news saying they've signed Jon Lester.

The Orioles have their own problems to deal with but it is irrelevant to what the Red Sox are doing.

mr-bill-ohh-nooo-magnet-c11751410.jpg?w=500

Yes, how did those Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Beckett signings turn out for the Red Sox? These are in the same category. I think Sandoval will have a time adjusting to the AL just as Gonzalez did initially and I think Ramirez is a train wreck waiting to happen, particularly if they just throw him into left field where their defense will take a huge hit. My main worry about the Sucks is not getting nauseated with the 24/7 Panda marketing.

Did Lester sign with them? What position is Cespedes playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, how did those Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Beckett signings turn out for the Red Sox? These are in the same category. I think Sandoval will have a time adjusting to the AL just as Gonzalez did initially and I think Ramirez is a train wreck waiting to happen, particularly if they just throw him into left field where their defense will take a huge hit. My main worry about the Sucks is not getting nauseated with the 24/7 Panda marketing.

Can't wait for the Panda and Big Papi bromance.

mlb_a_panda865_cr_608x342.jpgBig-papi.jpg

Guest rochester

no, why? I didn't see where Lester was signed. I don't think Cruz has slipped away yet - the Miller situation is pure lunacy even IF he could close - his stuff is there but closing can play havoc with the mental well being of anyone.

It is too early in the offseason to "worry" about the other teams. I do think it is highly likely that the Red Sox will be more competitive in 2015 than they were in 2014. They need to address their pitching, having traded away four starters at the trade deadline last year. Once I see what they do to address that, I'll have a better idea of how much of a threat I think they are. Certainly their offense looks much better, and frankly, I would have expected their offense to improve even if they hadn't picked up Ramirez and Sandoval.

Leave the trashing of other posters out and you will have better luck. That said, the Red Sox have a long way to go to be good again. Their young guys all failed. Well, Mookie.

Archived