J Upton...(Traded to SD)

srh523

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Add Harvey to the list for me.

I would trade Harvey for J Upton. I like the potential Harvey possesses, but I'm concerned Harvey may have Tommy John in his future. I would sell high on Harvey now. Especially if there is some sort of indication Upton would be willing to re-sign with the Orioles. Upton is a guy worth locking up long term IMO. 5yrs/95mil? 6/115? Upton probably gets more than that in years and money on the FA market, but I think that would be fair deal for both sides.

Agreed. Something like Norris and Berry (or other tier B/C prospect) would be fine with me. Would the Braves want pitching or a position player in return?

If MLB Radio is any indication, Upton is a clubhouse cancer and the Braves would be happy just to get him outta there.

So essentially it would be a Nick for Upton trade? I'd down.

I would trade Harvey for J Upton. I like the potential Harvey possesses, but I'm concerned Harvey may have Tommy John in his future. I would sell high on Harvey now. Especially if there is some sort of indication Upton would be willing to re-sign with the Orioles. Upton is a guy worth locking up long term IMO. 5yrs/95mil? 6/115? Upton probably gets more than that in years and money on the FA market, but I think that would be fair deal for both sides.

The idea of possibly re-signing Upton can't enter into the thinking of whether you trade Harvey for 1 year of Upton. If you want, you can enter the bidding for Upton when he is a free agent next winter, whether he is on your team in 2015 or not. Upton is a 1 year rental. You don't trade a prospect like Harvey for that, IMO.

The idea of possibly re-signing Upton can't enter into the thinking of whether you trade Harvey for 1 year of Upton. If you want, you can enter the bidding for Upton when he is a free agent next winter, whether he is on your team in 2015 or not. Upton is a 1 year rental. You don't trade a prospect like Harvey for that, IMO.

My guess is Upton will get a lot too. However he will be 28 by the end of next year, and is a beast offensively, I wouldn't mind giving him a decent sized deal

Archived