Mussina does not make my HOF ballot

wildcard

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You wouldn't vote for Pedro?

I would like you to defend that position.

With the ballot going from 10 to 12 names Mussina would make my cut.

Pedro's 219 wins in not a first ballot choice for me.

Biggio's 3060 hits would be ahead on Pedro for me. But Randy is in a class by himself. I'd be happy if he was the only player voted in.

Biggio's 3060 hit would be ahead on Pedro for me. But Randy is in a class by himself. I'd be happy if he was the only player voted in.

Pitching wins is the reason?

Wow.

So you wouldn't have put Drysdale in?

Oh wait...you said first ballot choice.

So you are one of those folks that put extra importance in if a guy makes it on the first ballot or not?

That makes less sense to me then the pitching wins portion.

Mussina deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He won't get there this year. Whether he gets enough votes this year to stay on the ballot in future years, or ever gets in, remains to be seen.

I'm not too worried a out the 5% stuff. The HOF process is broken enough that some kind of reform seems inevitable. There are so many overqualified candidates that even a hidebound organization like that will have to make a major overhaul.

The idea that Randy Johnson is the only qualified candidate this year is absolutely ludicrous. It's objectively indefensible.

I'm not too worried a out the 5% stuff. The HOF process is broken enough that some kind of reform seems inevitable. There are so many overqualified candidates that even a hidebound organization like that will have to make a major overhaul.

The idea that Randy Johnson is the only qualified candidate this year is absolutely ludicrous. It's objectively indefensible.

They did reform it. They expanded the ballot from 10 to 12 names.

That will fix things.

Folks just need to accept the fact that PED users are already in the hall and vote in the steroid era guys.

Biggio's 3060 hits would be ahead on Pedro for me. But Randy is in a class by himself. I'd be happy if he was the only player voted in.

Pedro has a strong case for having the highest peak of any pitcher who ever lived. He has a better resume than probably 90% of current Hall of Famers.

Pitching wins is the reason?

Wow.

So you wouldn't have put Drysdale in?

Oh wait...you said first ballot choice.

So you are one of those folks that put extra importance in if a guy makes it on the first ballot or not?

That makes less sense to me then the pitching wins portion.

The HOF is all about prestige. Getting in on the first ballot is added prestige. Unanimous vote is the ultimate prestige.

I'm on the opposite end of things; I think there's 20 guys on the ballot that deserve to be in. Baseball is such a hard sport to figure out when it comes to the Hall of Fame. I'm convinced that certain guys are drunk or under the influence of something when they fill their ballots out.

Pedro has a strong case for having the highest peak of any pitcher who ever lived. He has a better resume than probably 90% of current Hall of Famers.

So vote for him. He doesn't make my ballot became to me the Hall is about being good for a long time to be a first rounders. Getting in after the first round is for those that are deserving but don't make that first cut. I have high standards because I think that is what the Hall should be. The best of the best.

Archived