Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

He's the only offense threat they have. Not his fault they suck. I think we can get him back as a salary dump, but who would go over? :scratchchinhmm:

Freddie Freeman is the only offensive threat they have. Markakis isn't an offensive threat. Unless you're talking about Braves fans being offended by his contract.

David Lough is hitting .224 for the Phillies (no homers, 1 SB, 2 CS -- some things never change)

Travis Snider is hitting .291, no homers, in the Royals AAA system.

Alejandro De Aza hitting .200 in 45 PAs for the Mets, who were so desperate to find a backup for the injured Lucas Duda that de Aza took groundballs at first base last week.

Bud Norris, 6.69 ERA for the Braves, removed from the rotation almost a month ago but has pitched much better out of the bullpen (1.32 ERA in his 7 bullpen appearances). As a starter he had given up 22 runs in 22+ innings. Yeesh.

Jim Johnson, on the 15-day DL for the Braves, sitting on an 0-4 record and a 7.90 ERA.

Delmon Young, incredibly still unsigned despite his off-season efforts. However, in February just after his arrest, one of his girlfriends hacked his Facebook account and said he was addicted to alcohol and prostitutes. So he's got that going for him.

• 2 weeks later...
Even the Markakis die-hards have to be happy we didn't sign Nick to that 4-year contract. He's slashing (.242/.344/.332/.675) for $11 million.

I'll wait until the end of the year before thinking about it too hard. He was excellent in April, horrible in May. We'll see what June-September brings, just like with Adam Jones (.658 OPS presently).

Lough got DFA-Ed.

Question: what happened to Jim Johnson...my goodness...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unfortunately the nature of relievers. One year you're closing 50 games and the next you're just another guy. Remember before K-Rod broke the single seasons record, ti was held by Bobby Thigpen. It's too bad though. I liked JJ. I was at his debut when he started and at the Yankees ALDS game where first showed signs of struggles.