Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Nick Marakakis reached base safely 5 times.

4-for-4 with 1 walk, and 3 runs scored.

ATLANTA BRAVES OOOO.) -8

TORONTO BLUE JAYS O -7

Markakis reached base safely 4 times in 5 plate appearances today.

He is 9-for-10 (.900) in OBP for the last 2 games, total. :eek:

Today, he walked 3 times, got a single, and scored 1 run.

It wasn't enough though, as the Blue Jays came from behind to beat Nick's Braves in 10 innings.

TORONTO BLUE JAYS O -6

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo (10 INNINGS)

ATLANTA BRAVES OOOO)o -5

Fun Factoid:

Markakis has a .028 ISO.

Just think they could be paying Henry Urruita 500K for that sort of production.

Of course they would have to repaint his car.

I think you'll accept an .028 ISO from a guy with a .479 OBP. Nick's lack of XBH does bear watching, but I doubt Atlanta is complaining about his performance so far.

I think you'll accept an .028 ISO from a guy with a .479 OBP. Nick's lack of XBH does bear watching, but I doubt Atlanta is complaining about his performance so far.

Are you so defensive of your man crush that you feel a need to respond to our obviously jesting posts?

I guess you don't need to answer that.

As far as I know, no one is wishing ill will toward Markakis.

Are you so defensive of your man crush that you feel a need to respond to our obviously jesting posts?

I didn't think it was so obvious that you were jesting, since Nick has been oft-criticized the last few years for his declining power, and not without justification. My man crush is not so strong that I can't see that his declining power is an issue.

I didn't think it was so obvious that you were jesting, since Nick has been oft-criticized the last few years for his declining power, and not without justification. My man crush is not so strong that I can't see that his declining power is an issue.

I referenced Henry's Oriole themed car. That was my driving motivation to post, to make that reference. It also let me call back Henry's time with the team in 2013, since Henry had 1 XBH hit out of 16 and Nick has 1 XBH out of 15. It seemed like a fun comparison.

Like I said I don't know of anyone on this board that is hoping Markakis struggles.

I referenced Henry's Oriole themed car. That was my driving motivation to post, to make that reference. It also let me call back Henry's time with the team in 2013, since Henry had 1 XBH hit out of 16 and Nick has 1 XBH out of 15. It seemed like a fun comparison.

Like I said, I don't know of anyone on this board that is hoping Markakis struggles.

There was a former poster (since banned) that actually celebrated Markakis leaving the Orioles with a GIF of a person dancing.

He was told (by several other posters) that he was being a jerk.