Chris Davis received an exemption from MLB to use Adderall in 2015

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So Chris Davis had adderall exemption, then he didn't got suspended, now has it again. Ok got it <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Ken Weinman (@KenWeinmanSport) <a href="

">December 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck just told <a href="https://twitter.com/1057TheFan">@1057TheFan</a> that Chris Davis received an exemption from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLB?src=hash">#MLB</a> to use Adderall. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/1057TheFan">@1057TheFan</a></p>— Sports With Coleman (@sportswcoleman) <a href="

">December 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to wonder if his lack of approval in 2014 was more of a bureaucratic fail on the part of Davis and his agent. He just didn't fill out the papers on time or something silly like that.

Ken Rosenthal was just on MLB Network and said Davis didn't have it in 2013 too. Last year he had it was 2012.

I think this is huge news for Orioles fans and for Chris Davis. I have no qualification to understand what this means medically, but if mentally it helps Chris Davis, I think it much more likely that we see improvement. I do not like that MLB can switch back and forth however. Suppose Chris hits 50+ HRS again and the Orioles invest a truckload of money into a long term extension? Then MLB pulls the waiver?

I guess all of this will unfold in time. For today, I take it as another good item for Baltimore Oriole fans!

Good Lord what an idiotic league and drug policy. So does this mean he never "cheated" nor received a suspension. Why does he receive an exemption one season, get denied another season and then receive the exemption for another season? This is just laughable.

Why do I have this feeling that CD could be the tipping point we all look back on in regards to Adderall. Let me explain: Much like roids, Adderall/Amphetamines has been a part of professional sports for a long time. But it wasnt until the we saw the dramatic changes in performance did we see an uproar (Sosa, Canseco, Bonds, Big Mac, Clemens, etc.).

If Chris comes back this year and hits 275/340/540 (880) with 40 HR's and 115 RBI's, he'll be the poster boy for Adderall. When performing experiments, it is imperative to have constants and variables to account for each action/reaction. I would say taking a guy from 26-29 and go on and off amphetamines each year without any major changes to his workout/prep, his health, his position, or his team is a pretty good test and could lead to some major scrutiny in the next couple years.

***I am prescribed adderall and have competed in sports such as Kickboxing and Power-lifting as well as football/basketball***

Good Lord what an idiotic league and drug policy. So does this mean he never "cheated" nor received a suspension. Why does he receive an exemption one season, get denied another season and then receive the exemption for another season? This is just laughable.

Was he denied? Do we know that? Or did he just not apply? Another question might be if he does have a permanent medical condition for which adderall is the prescribed treatment, why must he apply for renewal every year?

Why do I have this feeling that CD could be the tipping point we all look back on in regards to Adderall. Let me explain: Much like roids, Adderall/Amphetamines has been a part of professional sports for a long time. But it wasnt until the we saw the dramatic changes in performance did we see an uproar (Sosa, Canseco, Bonds, Big Mac, Clemens, etc.).

If Chris comes back this year and hits 275/340/540 (880) with 40 HR's and 115 RBI's, he'll be the poster boy for Adderall. When performing experiments, it is imperative to have constants and variables to account for each action/reaction. I would say taking a guy from 26-29 and go on and off amphetamines each year without any major changes to his workout/prep, his health, his position, or his team is a pretty good test and could lead to some major scrutiny in the next couple years.

***I am prescribed adderall and have competed in sports such as Kickboxing and Power-lifting as well as football/basketball***

Why will he be the poster boy for amphetamines? It's been reported that he hadn't had a TUE since 2012. Since he got busted last season, I think it's safe to assume he wasn't using them in 2013.

Was he denied? Do we know that? Or did he just not apply? Another question might be if he does have a permanent medical condition for which adderall is the prescribed treatment, why must he apply for renewal every year?

Honestly I don't even know now. The reporting on it has been all over the place. That being said, while there should probably be a yearly review, I don't really see why the player should have to reapply each season. It doesn't make sense to me.

Archived