Casey Stern "O's ownership doesn't want to win they just want your money"

sambowen

Listening to 105.7 tonight and Casey Stern from MLB Network was on. He repeated what a lot O's fans like me feel. He said " O's ownership doesn't want to win they just want your money." I am pleading with the moderators not to delete my post. I know I am get attacked by the apologists who think we are just fine losing the arguably best reliever in club history, a gold glove right fielder, and the AL home run champ. No one in the local media has the guts to call out Angelos like this. They are all afraid of losing their advertising. That is how King Peter works. Kudos to Casey Stern!!!

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Stern had the "sources" Rosenthal had during the winter meeting DD/Os hostage crisis.

I prefer the chess match DD plays, knowing we can play again tomorrow. (Switching parlor gangs now) If we pushed all our chips into the center and bust, there are no more hands we can play.

Listening to 105.7 tonight and Casey Stern from MLB Network was on. He repeated what a lot O's fans like me feel. He said " O's ownership doesn't want to win they just want your money." I am pleading with the moderators not to delete my post. I know I am get attacked by the apologists who think we are just fine losing the arguably best reliever in club history, a gold glove right fielder, and the AL home run champ. No one in the local media has the guts to call out Angelos like this. They are all afraid of losing their advertising. That is how King Peter works. Kudos to Casey Stern!!!

We don't delete posts that are true. If Casey said this, then the post can stay. He hates the Orioles. He's a jerk. But hey. Have a take. Make some noise. Get down tonight.

We don't delete posts that are true. If Casey said this, then the post can stay. He hates the Orioles. He's a jerk. But hey. Have a take. Make some noise. Get down tonight.

I know this is not a subliminal Wang Chung reference, but it's now stuck in my head.

Sigh.

I don't live in Baltimore, but wasn't there a local nutcase with a hobby radio station that would do that every sweeps period?

I know this is not a subliminal Wang Chung reference, but it's now stuck in my head.

Sigh.

When the team had lost for 14 years in a row, my six dollars and my home brought food and drink were a great value.

Imagine how I feel about that now.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BoXu6QmxpJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's kind of funny. The fact that we were so aggressive at the deadline and willing to make a trade for 2 months of a relief pitcher (in what some baseball talking heads said was the biggest steal of the deadline for Boston), is now used against us. That same relief pitcher is now evidence of our refusal to go for it and try to win.

It's kind of funny. The fact that we were so aggressive at the deadline and willing to make a trade for 2 months of a relief pitcher (in what some baseball talking heads said was the biggest steal of the deadline for Boston)' date=' is now used against us. That same relief pitcher is now evidence of our refusal to go for it and try to win.[/quote']

Casey Stern is a Mets fan. A Mets fan. Now you figure it out. How those Wilpons for owners bud? Their best friend was Bernard Madoff.

I dont disagree with your take on Casey....With that said I do believe the Angelos family cares more about making money & or protecting the MASN gold mine to spend in free agency.

I'm disappointed that they let Markakis & Cruz walk without having a real game plan to replace them. We heard all around the winters meeting that they were looking at this guy and that guy as an option to Cruz and Markakis. They we watched those sign elsewhere as well...We watched as other teams have made trades only to hang onto 6 SPs and three top rated pitching prospects.

I'm not counting on anything from Davis and Machado at this point and to expect that team to do as well or better next year minus Nick & Nelson is quite optimistic in my mind.

Casey Stern is a Mets fan. A Mets fan. Now you figure it out. How those Wilpons for owners bud? Their best friend was Bernard Madoff.

If only we could lock up our own version of Granderson and give up our draft pick to sign our Cuddyer. That would be proof that our ownership has us going in the right direction!

I dont disagree with your take on Casey....With that said I do believe the Angelos family cares more about making money & or protecting the MASN gold mine to spend in free agency.

I'm disappointed that they let Markakis & Cruz walk without having a real game plan to replace them. We heard all around the winters meeting that they were looking at this guy and that guy as an option to Cruz and Markakis. They we watched those sign elsewhere as well...We watched as other teams have made trades only to hang onto 6 SPs and three top rated pitching prospects.

I'm not counting on anything from Davis and Machado at this point and to expect that team to do as well or better next year minus Nick & Nelson is quite optimistic in my mind.

Perfectly ok post. It's fine to be terribly negative at this moment. Come August, we will be hanging on every game again. With that great hope that this will be the year.

Archived