Josh Hamilton

BergerKing

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we can get the Angels to pay a chunk of his deal think the Orioles should go after him? He apparently is being dangled by the Angels.

I love Josh Hamilton. Love his story. This is being discussed in another thread, but worth a new one.

I would be just happy if we did SOMETHING:)

If we can get the Angels to pay a chunk of his deal think the Orioles should go after him? He apparently is being dangled by the Angels.

He's owed 3/75 so they'd have to eat 35-45 million. He's been a 700 OPS guy the last few seasons. If it happened he'd be my DH to protect his health. And the asking price in players would have to be modest. I don't see it happening although he'd be an adequate replacement for Cruz if he rebounds.

He kills us at Camden, that is true, but he hasn't done much of anything in the last two years to make me think he will ever be anything close to what we saw in Texas. His K rate is way up...so either he needs to have his eye sight tested or his bat speed has slowed significantly.

I love Josh Hamilton. Love his story. This is being discussed in another thread, but worth a new one.

I would be just happy if we did SOMETHING:)

He has an interesting story, but he came across as an enormous jack-arse in that offseason when he was a free agent - using religion as an excuse to make as much money as he possibly could.

Josh Hamilton... are we down to grabbing the worst possible option.

I would rather have given Mark Reynolds a million dollars, but the Cardnals just signed him.

Dariel Alvarez is the answer. What is the question?

Mark got close to 3 million if he hits his incentives. Plus, we don't need to sign anyone.

I saw this rumor (aboutHamilton being shopped) and thought the same thing. I just don't think the Angel's are going to be willing to eat enough of his salary to make it enticing to the Orioles. I know they have bottomless pockets, but I really think they're trying to get out from under his contract from a financial standpoint, more than trying to dump a player.

Archived