Question regarding Chris Davis suspension

puppet

Since Davis has, I believe, one more game to serve, can he participate in spring training? Sorry if this has been covered previously!

Thanks!

Yes he can.

Little weird to me how he got an exemption in 2013 and now in 2015 but not 2014.

Do they think ADHD comes and goes when it wants?

Idk if he has to.get an exemption every year, maybe he didnt realize either. Idk.

But the fact that he actually has ADHD, already had an.exemption and now another one shortly after the season had been completed smells fishy.

Obviously I'm not suggesting they tried purposely sabotaging the Os last year but this don't sit well with me. Nothing can be done now but the MLB lost a little respect in my eyes.

It's so easy today to have doctors write phony scripts for almost anything. Soon players will start having doctors say they have muscle deficiencies and get exempted for the use of steroids.

Little weird to me how he got an exemption in 2013 and now in 2015 but not 2014.

Idk if he has to.get an exemption every year, maybe he didnt realize either. Idk.

But the fact that he actually has ADHD, already had an.exemption and now another one shortly after the season had been completed smells fishy.

Obviously I'm not suggesting they tried purposely sabotaging the Os last year but this don't sit well with me. Nothing can be done now but the MLB lost a little respect in my eyes.

It's so easy today to have doctors write phony scripts for almost anything. Soon players will start having doctors say they have muscle deficiencies and get exempted for the use of steroids.

Where did you read he had an exemption in 2013?

Buck said this without saying it in the press conference when it was revealed that Chris has a 2015 exemption. Something like, " it makes you wonder, it makes you wonder publicly". I am wondering if the players union will defend Chris on this. I think they should.

My mistake..I knew he had one. Thought I heard it was 2013.

No one knows the whole truth/timeline but it sounds like it expired and he did not bother to appeal it. Probably because he had good years in 2013 and 2014 and figured he didn't need it. From what I read Davis's ADD may have been exacerbated by the stress of his slump last year and people with ADD have more severe issues with stress than non-ADD people.

I've had it for a few years and mine is adult onset. My personal experience with it is that it actually does come and go, in a way. There are days that it is worse than others. For me it is like my bad knee, there are days where it hurts worse than others.

With that being said, I still don't agree with the MLB policy on this specific medication. If he obtains it legally through a doctor, there should be no question that he needs it and should be allowed to use it. This medication does not make you stronger or faster. But it's not just MLB's fault either. He knew the rules and it appears that he didn't play by them, but at least he has been forthcoming about it. I support him. MLB is way over their heads with this, and in my opinion it is down right crummy of them.

How silly does it look that he has to sit out opening day for taking a medication that he is legally prescribed and now has an exemption for again? And why does the exemption only last 1 freaking season? As long as he still has a prescription why can't that be good enough for them to just keep the same one active? It's stupid and redundant.

I've had it for a few years and mine is adult onset. My personal experience with it is that it actually does come and go, in a way. There are days that it is worse than others. For me it is like my bad knee, there are days where it hurts worse than others.

With that being said, I still don't agree with the MLB policy on this specific medication. If he obtains it legally through a doctor, there should be no question that he needs it and should be allowed to use it. This medication does not make you stronger or faster. But it's not just MLB's fault either. He knew the rules and it appears that he didn't play by them, but at least he has been forthcoming about it. I support him. MLB is way over their heads with this, and in my opinion it is down right crummy of them.

How silly does it look that he has to sit out opening day for taking a medication that he is legally prescribed and now has an exemption for again? And why does the exemption only last 1 freaking season? As long as he still has a prescription why can't that be good enough for them to just keep the same one active? It's stupid and redundant.

Back in the '70's my mother used to get "diet shots" for a buck pop from a medical doctor. It is an unfortunate reality that if a baseball player wants to pay for it, he can find a doctor that will write him a script.

It has been decided that the drug, when used by folks not suffering from ADHD, does indeed enhance performance. It increases focus amongst other effects.

Back in the '70's my mother used to get "diet shots" for a buck pop from a medical doctor. It is an unfortunate reality that if a baseball player wants to pay for it, he can find a doctor that will write him a script.

It has been decided that the drug, when used by folks not suffering from ADHD, does indeed enhance performance. It increases focus amongst other effects.

Your mom sounds like a fun lady!

I'm sure that anyone could find a doctor to write them a prescription for whatever. I have an easy way to solve this problem. Each team has a team of physicians. Why cant team doctors prescribe this stuff and report it to the top? MLB should have their own doctor at the top anyways. As long as it is written by a team doctor there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there is too much liability involved with that? I'm not a lawyer but I think I'd make a handsome one on TV.

I'm not sure I know what you're implying with your last sentence.

I'm sure that anyone could find a doctor to write them a prescription for whatever. I have an easy way to solve this problem. Each team has a team of physicians. Why cant team doctors prescribe this stuff and report it to the top? MLB should have their own doctor at the top anyways. As long as it is written by a team doctor there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe there is too much liability involved with that? I'm not a lawyer but I think I'd make a handsome one on TV.

You are about 10 years late when it comes to my mother.

There is a policy in place to review the prescriptions. I would rather have that then to trust team doctors.

Focus, it's helpful to ball player. Adderall helps increase focus. It also helps fight fatigue and possibly slightly boosts reflexes.

MLB has professionals and procedures in place to review these cases. It's not like they accept or deny the them willy nilly. Maybe Davis's denial was unfair but he "apparently" chose not to even take the time to appeal the case/decision initially. I'm sure quite a few of us have spent many an hour fighting with our health insurance companies/HMO's appealing decisions. I don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

MLB has professionals and procedures in place to review these cases. It's not like they accept or deny the them willy nilly. Maybe Davis's denial was unfair but he "apparently" chose not to even take the time to appeal the case/decision initially. I'm sure quite a few of us have spent many an hour fighting with our health insurance companies/HMO's appealing decisions. I don't have a lot of sympathy for him.

There is an expert panel of 3 psychiatrists that review all adult adhd claims.

Archived