St Petersburg City Council votes NO on giving Rays permission to look in other Tampa Bay locales

mdbdotcom

City Council votes down Memorandum of Understanding negotiated with the Rays by St. Petersburg's mayor that would have given the Rays permission to look for a stadium site anywhere in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. Rays owner had said he would sell the team if the MOU was not approved.

Why Tampa has 3 pro teams, Jacksonville has an NFL team, yet Orlando has just an NBA and a AAA franchise is mind boggling.

Not as bad as LA having no NFL but 2 thriving soccer teams, but still very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• @Moose Milligan as a long time vet of this board, you gotta know that the better the Orioles get and the more relevant that they become, we are going to have people show up on this board who are either a) trolls b) bandwagon fans c) not that knowledgeable  I’ve noticed more and more people showing up and saying crazy things that don’t make sense. I guess it comes with the territory of having a great team.
    • Was it the same person who said this team was dead?
    • I’m dead serious. That’s one regular (who starter last week) and it was to be expected that he would struggle like almost all young guys do when they make the jump to the Majors.  Hays doesn’t play everyday and was just playing yesterday to give Santander a rest. Yes Santander is struggling, so by my count that makes 2 guys struggling who are getting everyday ABs. And even if you go by the TWO that played yesterday, I have a hard time coming up with a figure that adds up to several.  Unless, your math or understanding of the English language is different than mine. I don’t see TWO as equating to several guys, as you stated.
    • Someone said the other day he’s just another guy and should be cut. 
    • Outside of Cowser, he’s the biggest surprise of the season so far for me. 
    • It’s interesting to compare the careers of McFarland and Danny Coulombe.  TJ debuted in 2013 and is 35; Danny debuted in 2014 and is 34.   TJ has appeared in 362 big league games, throwing 480.1 innings at a 4.16 ERA (101 ERA+), and has been worth -0.1 rWAR; Danny has appeared in 262 games, throwing 250.1 IP aa 3.63 ERA (114 ERA+) and has been worth  3.1 rWAR.   Going into this season, TJ had accrued 8.028 years of service and had been paid $10.5 mm; Danny had accrued 5.008 years and had been paid $5.2 mm.  So I’d say at this point that McFatland has spent more time and bern used more heavily in the majors than Coulombe, and has been better paid, even though Coulombe has been more effective. 
    • I remember him from his time with the Braves when I was in Atlanta. This is from the 'Rick Camp Game' in 85.  
  • Popular Contributors