Crazy Off Season

Camden_yardbird

Does anyone remember an off season with the volume and magnitude of trades that have gone on during this off season. Last year I remember the Kinsler and Fielder swap and that is about it. In looking for a reason all I can think is that a very poor free agent pool has a lot to do with all of the trades.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Does anyone remember an off season with the volume and magnitude of trades that have gone on during this off season. Last year I remember the Kinsler and Fielder swap and that is about it. In looking for a reason all I can think is that a very poor free agent pool has a lot to do with all of the trades.

The Yankees are rebuilding!

There is not much magnitude. The stuff being shuffled is mostly drek.

There is not much magnitude. The stuff being shuffled is mostly drek.

Cabrera RF

Kendrick 2B

Donaldson 3B

Cruz DH

Ramirez SS

Upton RF

LaRoche 1B

Hayward CF

Martin C

Kemp, Rollins, Sandoval, Lawrie

Lester, Samardijia, Santana, Haren, porcello

Holland, Miller, Gregorsen, the former O/cardinals sidearmer.

A team made up of those guys would win ballgames.

Cabrera RF

Kendrick 2B

Donaldson 3B

Cruz DH

Ramirez SS

Upton RF

LaRoche 1B

Hayward CF

Martin C

Kemp, Rollins, Sandoval, Lawrie

Lester, Samardijia, Santana, Haren, porcello

Holland, Miller, Gregorsen, the former O/cardinals sidearmer.

A team made up of those guys would win ballgames.

Those greyed out were not traded. You can put Saunders in LF, move Kemp to DH and promote Rollins. Moss can play 1B. Norris at C with Hanigan the backup. Prado added to the bench for his versatility; Ruggiano can cover all three OF spots.

C - Norris (Hanigan)

1B - Moss

2B - Kendrick (Prado)

3B - Donaldson (Lawrie)

SS - Rollins

LF - Saunders

CF - Heyward (Ruggiano)

RF - Upton

DH - Kemp

SP1 - Samardzija

SP2 - Porcello

SP3 - Latos

SP4 - Simon

SP5 - Miller

RP - Jepsen, Phelps, De La Rosa, Eovaldi

Still working on bullpen pieces but that would be the best hitting team in baseball, with a good rotation.

Those greyed out were not traded. You can put Saunders in LF, move Kemp to DH and promote Rollins. Hanigan at C. Prado can play 1B if needed. Eovaldi to the rotation and Phelps to the pen.

Eh, thanks. I was looking at total movement, not just trades. You could add Shelby Miller to the rotation and Cespedes, Moss, and Grandal to the position players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, thanks. I was looking at total movement, not just trades. You could add Shelby Miller to the rotation and Cespedes, Moss, and Grandal to the position players.

Wow... Cespedes, Grandal and Matt Joyce don't even make my team. Who would you swap out?

Wow... Cespedes, Grandal and Matt Joyce don't even make my team. Who would you swap out?

Norris would be my catcher with Grandal my backup. Rollins and Kendrick up the middle. Upton Hayward Kemp left to right. DH Cespedes. Donaldson at 3B. I'm not sure what I'd do at 1B.

Do you change your opinion with the evidence shown?

Another interesting aspect is the amount of players who were traded over the summer that were traded again this winter. Cespedes. Jeff S. Prado.

Yes. You are right. Some good folks were traded. And I was just talking about trades.

• 4 weeks later...

That was a curious move to pick up Escobar. I'm not surprised they moved Clippard. I think they would have been better off extending Cabrera. I don't think they are done though. I can see them moving Zimmermann and/or Desmond over the next month.

Archived