Nice story about a Hall of Famer

Frobby

I was listening to the Moth Radio Hour last night. They had a story told by a woman who, back in the '70's, had to get an airplane ticket for her daughter at the airport while at the same time dropping her mother off at a faraway gate. It became clear she couldn't walk her mother to the gate and get the ticket for her daughter and get both done on time. Her mother, a very overbearing woman who was always making things hard on her, made it clear that she insisted that she could not go to her gate alone. So, the woman told her daughter to the ticket counter to try to get her ticket. The older woman said, "you can't send her there by herself!" Then the man behind them said, "I'll watch your daughter for you." The older woman said, "you can't leave your daughter with a complete stranger!" The younger woman replied, "Mom.....if you can't trust Joe DiMaggio, who can you trust?" Whereupon, Joe DiMaggio walked the girl to the ticket counter and helped her get her plane ticket while the woman walked her mother to the gate.

There was much more to the story than that, but the part about DiMaggio was pretty funny, and sweet. The full story is here: http://themoth.org/posts/storytellers/mary-claire-king

A friend of mine , years ago was in St. Louis during the World Series . He was on the elevator going down to check out and while getting out of the elevator he drop his bag which popped open and all his things when flying across the lobby. A guy walking by said let me help you with that as he scrambled gathering things up. The guy who offered help was Jim Palmer. Must be that hall of fame thing

A friend of mine , years ago was in St. Louis during the World Series . He was on the elevator going down to check out and while getting out of the elevator he drop his bag which popped open and all his things when flying across the lobby. A guy walking by said let me help you with that as he scrambled gathering things up. The guy who offered help was Jim Palmer. Must be that hall of fame thing

It's probably what is keeping Joey Belle out.

Archived