Born on This Day: Johnny Dickshot

OFFNY

o

Johnny Dickshot was a major league baseball player for the Pittsburgh Pirates, the New York Giants, and the Chicago White Sox between 1935 and 1945.

Dickshot's best season was his final one in the majors, when he batted .302 with a .366 OBP for the White Sox in 1945. His .302 batting average was good for 3rd overall in the American League that season, behind Snuffy Stirnweiss (.309) and Tony Cuccinello (.308).

Dickshot's nickname was "Ugly", because he proclaimed himself to be the ugliest man in major league baseball.

Ugly Dickshot died in 1997, at the age of 87. He was born on this date, in 1910.

Ugly Dickshot

239200d1324281401-gambo-t_wil1-photopack-johnny_dickshot_-1939_giants-_3.jpg

It would be a good one to use at restaurants, as well ...... "Dickshot party of four, Dickshot party of four."

When you were in school and you got in trouble, did the teacher tend to use your last name when addressing you ???

I can imagine that happening with this guy.

An elementary school, middle school, or high school teacher angrily points his finger at the kid, and firmly and sternly says, "Listen here, Dickshot ......"

When you were in school and you got in trouble, did the teacher tend to use your last name when addressing you ???

I can imagine that happening with this guy.

An elementary school, middle school, or high school teacher angrily points his finger at the kid, and firmly and sternly says, "Listen here, Dickshot ......"

Not from teachers, but I was consistently called Neanderthal, because of my last name. My/our cross to bear.

In H.S. Biology our teacher preferred to address us as Master (insert last name here).

One of the boys in our class had the last name of Bates.

True story.

I'll raise you. In middle school, we had a teacher named Anita Dick.

Her maiden name was Long. No lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived