Schmuck is naive to think this will be over in a week

wildcard

Peter Schmuck calls for the O's to resolve Dan Duquette's status by FanFest in an article in today's Sun. It ain't going to happen. The intrigue with the Blue Jays will not go away until the job is filled by Dan or whoever. Even a pronouncement by Dan and/or the O's that he is not going to Toronto's front office would not stop the speculation.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82624107/

I fully expect one of two things to happen at FanFest. 1) Dan does not answer questions from the fans or 2) He states that he can't address the subject and holds firmly to that position.

The biggest news out for FanFest may be Chris Davis' first public appearance since his suspension.

That's how I see FanFest going. How about you?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peter Schmuck calls for the O's to resolve Dan Duquette's status by FanFest in an article in today's Sun. It ain't going to happen. The intrigue with the Blue Jays will not go away until the job is filled by Dan or whoever. Even a pronouncement by Dan and/or the O's that he is not going to Toronto's front office would not stop the speculation.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82624107/

I fully expect one of two things to happen at FanFest. 1) Dan does not answer questions from the fans or 2) He states that he can't address the subject and holds firmly to that position.

The biggest news out for FanFest may be Chris Davis' first public appearance since his suspension.

That's how I see FanFest going. How about you?

Apparently, the Blue Jays and Orioles are now discussing possible compensation. While they may be very far apart still, a meeting of the minds could occur very quickly. So, while you may be correct, I won't be surprised if the situation is resolved before Fanfest.

Or 3) Duquette doesn't show up at all. The organization comes up with some sort of excuse i.e. bad health or "another commitment."

Apparently, the Blue Jays and Orioles are now discussing possible compensation. While they may be very far apart still, a meeting of the minds could occur very quickly. So, while you may be correct, I won't be surprised if the situation is resolved before Fanfest.

I haven't kept up with this story over the weekend. I thought as of friday, the BJ were walking away? I personally beleive DD has to go at this point. Too much damage has been done. Unless he and PA have talked, and the Orioles are just reversing things and letting Toronto wander in limbo. But Hoffman and Encarnacion will do.

God I hope he's gone by next week. I'd like Brady and Buck sitting on the stage answering the questions. I want the media talking about the two players we got back in compensation. Iwant people speculating about whether we need a knew GM or whether to go with a triumvirate of Showalter, Anderson and Grahm. I want this mess to end. I want tow disagree with Wildcard about Aoki or some other hopeful.I want to talk about baseball.

I think the Toronto situation will be resolved by Fanfest. They'll either agree on compensation this week or Toronto will say they're moving on. That doesn't mean the Duquette situation is fully resolved, however. Having a somewhat unhappy and uncomfortable exec could be an issue down the road.

Has a team ever lost its GM at this point in an offseason? I can't recall a precedent for anything like this.

This whole thing is such BS from the BJ's (henceforth never to be known as the Blue Jays again. Always the BJ's. You feel me).

Has a team ever lost its GM at this point in an offseason? I can't recall a precedent for anything like this.

This whole thing is such BS from the BJ's (henceforth never to be known as the Blue Jays again. Always the BJ's. You feel me).

Why you want to taint the term BJ like that?

Archived