Poll: Duquette to the Blue Jays. Is it over? (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

Flacco Machado

Is it over?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is it over?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's over when Dan Duquette says it's over, not Ken Rosenthal. It would have been over a long time ago if Dan had spoken up. He wanted the job, and didn't want the story to die. He still doesn't. When he gives up on the idea and realizes it has no chance of happening (at least this year) then he'll address it, AND then it will be over.
Something like this?
“It is flattering and humbling to be invited to interview for a number of NFL head coaching positions, and I greatly appreciate these opportunities,” Kubiak said in a statement released by the Ravens. “But I have decided to stay with the Ravens.

“This is a special organization and we, like Coach [John] Harbaugh says, are building something great. I want to be a part of that and contribute in whatever ways I can.”

source - NBCSports

My guess is it's over. If a club thought to give legit talent back for a suit and tie then they'd be fools. Personally I'd take Hoffman straight up for Duquette and not think twice but I've got a feeling Toronto is realizing the folly in such an idea.

That's a question for you to find the answer to. I just gave you the rules.
Fair enough. However what difference does it make that the Ravens couldn't stop him? Did the Ravens also force him to make the initial statement he wasn't leaving? Kubiak said everything you would have wanted Dan to say and recanted. What if Dan had done the same thing? Would you now call him a liar? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Fair enough. However what difference does it make that the Ravens couldn't stop him? Did the Ravens also force him to make the initial statement he wasn't leaving? Kubiak said everything you would have wanted Dan to say and recanted. What if Dan had done the same thing? Would you now call him a liar? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

David Bowie

Mick Ronson

Trevor Bolder

Mick Woodmansey

Dana Gillespie

Rick Wakeman

Was it over when Rick joined Yes? Or is he still a spider?

The difference is that the O's didn't want Dan to leave in the first place. If he had publicly said he was happy with the O's and wanted to stay right from the start, this whole thing could have been avoided. His public silence encouraged the Jays to pursue this. In private, I'm sure he was anything but silent to them.
I'm talking about how a public statement would have changed anything if privately he wanted to take a promotion. Toronto didn't need encouragement. They pursued this; they were the cause not the effect. The effect was Dan took the bait. Here is what Ken Williams had to say
Williams said by email Sunday morning that he was not granted permission for an interview and that the issue was "not new," suggesting reports of the interest were belated.

"That ship has sailed," he said.

Addressing possible resignation from the Sox, Williams said he weighed his options at the time, including resigning. Potential contractual violations would likely be a part of any consideration.

"Given the set of circumstances, I considered all my options," Williams said.

"I'm here at the winter meetings and working hard to help the White Sox, so it's a non-story at this point," Williams said.
source - Chicago Tribune

"A non story at this point." Man, that was some definitive statement from Williams, wasn't it? Or not. We haven't heard Dan considered resigning and yet the Chicago story ended and Baltimore's didn't. Go figure.

Archived