Hot Stove Banquet - Ripken Stadium

Flacco Machado

Anyone going to the Hot Stove banquet this Thursday night at Ripken Stadium. Dan Duquette is scheduled to be there, along with Caleb Joseph, and Stan Charles.

I just got my ticket today. I will be there, but will Dan Duquette? I asked the guy from their ticket office if they had any contingency plans should something happen. He said, "you'll be notified if something were to happen."

Should be REALLY interesting either way.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“It’s been interesting. I’m not used to being a trade rumor.”

“I can confirm that I’ve been the subject of many trade rumors. I’d have to be living in a bunker to not be aware, right? You know, these things happen in baseball. This is rare, but sometimes trades are made for managers, sometimes trades are made for executives and that’s the way it goes. It’s a part of the business."

“If there’s trade discussions that I have as an executive, I really don’t talk about those publicly because you never know what’s going to come to fruition and what’s not. But I’ve been focused on helping the Orioles all winter, focused on doing the job to put together a good team. So from that perspective it’s, in effect, business as usual.”

Thanks Weams! Great pics. Great quotes.

I have to say that I have thought the Angelos family handled the DD situation perfectly. I appreciate DD's honesty. And I almost feel bad for him. There is some sympathy that he cannot go to a higher ranking job. Still, if he were gone to Toronto for anything less than a haul of prospects, I would have been pissed.

Thanks Weams! Great pics. Great quotes.

I have to say that I have thought the Angelos family handled the DD situation perfectly. I appreciate DD's honesty. And I almost feel bad for him. There is some sympathy that he cannot go to a higher ranking job. Still, if he were gone to Toronto for anything less than a haul of prospects, I would have been pissed.

Thank Flacco Machado he was our OH'er on site!

Archived