Who is our 7th inning guy?

BarclaySouthway

Hunter, Brach, Gonzalez (maybe if good Ubaldo shows up this spring)? And could Gonzo even hump it up and get a couple more miles on his fastball? It looks like he's throwing as hard as he can already. What if bad Ubaldo shows up? It's Tommy and keep your fingers crossed?

That Wright/Matusz redundancy bothers me. If we go with the 12 it seems like we're going with, Buck better put on his walkin' shoes because he could be doing a lot of matching up in the seventh.

I'd feel a lot better if we had that spot nailed down. I guess it's better than not knowing who the 4th and 5th starters are like not so many years ago.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Gausman. The rosiest of scenarios. Gonzo and Ubaldo look so awesome in the spring that the kid is relegated to the pen. He would be the closest thing to replacing Miller.

It's also optimistic to think that O'Day and Britton will combine to have the years they had. If, god forbid, one of them got hurt or tanked, it would be nice to have someone you'd be comfortable sliding back.

Hunter was pretty awesome the last four months or so of last season. I think you'll see a lot of him in the 7th and 8th innings. I'm slightly nervous about O'Day, who didn't seem himself towards the very end of the season and the postseason.

How is Gausman in the pen a rosy scenario? That's a scenario where Buck has lost his mind.

Yeah I'm sorry but the talk of Gausman being in the pen has got to stop. I just don't get it. If he takes a single step forward, he might be at the All-Star Game as a starter THIS year.

Hunter was pretty awesome the last four months or so of last season. I think you'll see a lot of him in the 7th and 8th innings. I'm slightly nervous about O'Day, who didn't seem himself towards the very end of the season and the postseason.

DOD was great in 2012, terrible in 2013, good again last year. He's one of my favorite pitchers but there's always that doubt in the back of your head.

This is the first thing I thought when I read the thread title.

Hunter is our 3rd guy in the pen as of now.

He's capable of pitching very well in that role.

Archived