Spring Training Thread (Please Post Photos and Video Here)

fastball

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Agreed! I'm seriously in Orioles baseball withdraw. So much so that I'm looking at flights down to TB for the opening series and trying to convince my wife that it's completely normal to fly to Florida to watch 2 games in the middle of the week.

Hey! My name is Justine Griffin and I'm a reporter with the Sarasota Herald-Tribune newspaper in Sarasota, Fla. I'm looking to talk to O's fans who are traveling to Florida for spring training this season for an article I'm writing. If interested, please give me a shout!

Thanks!

- Justine Griffin

Sarasota Herald-Tribune

941-361-4951

justine.griffin@heraldtribune.com

Agreed! I'm seriously in Orioles baseball withdraw. So much so that I'm looking at flights down to TB for the opening series and trying to convince my wife that it's completely normal to fly to Florida to watch 2 games in the middle of the week.

Make it a week and see some pre-season games in Sarasota the weekend before[emoji6]. Bribe her with beach time

Make it a week and see some pre-season games in Sarasota the weekend before[emoji6]. Bribe her with beach time

We went to spring training in 2013 for a week. It was a blast! She had a good time too, but it was too chilly to hang out at the beach for very long the week that we were there.

We went to spring training in 2013 for a week. It was a blast! She had a good time too, but it was too chilly to hang out at the beach for very long the week that we were there.

It was cold and windy last year too, but Siesta Key Beach is #1 in the US, so I was out there Baby! Even swam a few times.

Here it is Spring Training one week away, and it seems like there is nothing exciting to discuss.It was such a quite winter for the O's.I'm looking forward to my trip, and will see a couple of games in March. Should be interesting.

I hear what you're saying about a quiet Winter, but truly we didn't have many holes to fill. The only real questions heading into the Spring is...

Last bullpen arm to replace Miller.

Who plays left and right.

Assuming Manny and Wieters are healthy and able to begin the season on the roster, here's what we have. The starting rotation is set. The infield is set. Center and Catcher are set. Most of the bullpen is set. Joseph and Flaherty are givens. There really aren't many battles to follow this Spring. I can't wait for games.

I hear what you're saying about a quiet Winter, but truly we didn't have many holes to fill. The only real questions heading into the Spring is...

Last bullpen arm to replace Miller.

Who plays left and right.

Assuming Manny and Wieters are healthy and able to begin the season on the roster, here's what we have. The starting rotation is set. The infield is set. Center and Catcher are set. Most of the bullpen is set. Joseph and Flaherty are givens. There really aren't many battles to follow this Spring. I can't wait for games.

You can't replace Miller until August ;) Otherwise it would be unfair! We have a better outfield than last year, and our only issue is replacing Cruz 40 homers. And Cruz won't hit 40 homers this year anyway.

You can't replace Miller until August ;) Otherwise it would be unfair! We have a better outfield than last year, and our only issue is replacing Cruz 40 homers. And Cruz won't hit 40 homers this year anyway.

Not for us if we had re-signed him and certainly not in Seattle.

Archived