Baseball America's Top 100. Bundy #48, Harvey #68.

Number5

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, ERod comes in at 59. That's two publications that would have had ERod our second best.

He was no. 65 last year, so he hasn't moved far. But he was probably slated to drop from 65 as of the day he was traded, and improved his standing a lot with his outstanding post-trade performance.

Very disappointing... The Red Sox have 7 in the top 100

We continue to play the free agent compensation game very poorly

Would any other organization in baseball have allowed Nick Markakis to walk without getting a compensation pick?

Explain to be how this team could have played it better the last few years. Sure the Markakis thing was questionable, but his market might have been squashed had a pick been attached. Besides that there isn't really anything the Os could have done different under the new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain to be how this team could have played it better the last few years. Sure the Markakis thing was questionable, but his market might have been squashed had a pick been attached. Besides that there isn't really anything the Os could have done different under the new system.

I think it has more to do with our lack of scouting in other countries then the draft. We have done pretty well in the draft the last few years the problem still is the lack of international talent this team brings in. Schoop is the only young international signing we have made in a few years that has done anything for the majors.

Is there a way to know how many of those prospects were drafted guys vs intrnational guys.

I think it has more to do with our lack of scouting in other countries then the draft. We have done pretty well in the draft the last few years the problem still is the lack of international talent this team brings in. Schoop is the only young international signing we have made in a few years that has done anything for the majors.

Is there a way to know how many of those prospects were drafted guys vs intrnational guys.

ERod was an international guy. Casillo is ranked as a top prospect by BA. But most of their guys are draft picks.

It doesn't seem international players develop as well as people think they do.

ERod was an international guy. Casillo is ranked as a top prospect by BA. But most of their guys are draft picks.

It doesn't seem international players develop as well as people think they do.

There looks to be about 20% of the guys on the list as international signs. I looked at the MLB top 100 and of the 100 guys on there 21 are from other countries and 52 were drafted before we had a draft pick that year. Along with a few drafted after our pick but we had made a selection of Bundy or Harvey or Gausman.

Very disappointing... The Red Sox have 7 in the top 100

We continue to play the free agent compensation game very poorly

Would any other organization in baseball have allowed Nick Markakis to walk without getting a compensation pick?

Name another organization that would have offered Markakis a qualifying offer of 15.3 million? In order for the Orioles to get a compensation pick, they would have had to offer Markakis 15.3 million. Markakis is not worth 15.3 million a year and he would have jumped all over that if it was offered. The Orioles were willing to take a chance on Markakis and sign him for a lesser amount. They did pursue a multi-year deal for Markakis, but it did not work out. The Oriole pulled their offer when they realized the health issues and asking price with Markakis. I like Markakis and would have liked him back, but not at the cost that the Braves offered for an outfielder that has some health issues. I think the O's handled this the very best they could.

I don't worry as much about farm rankings as young talent rankings:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=22944

These were published last year on 3/3, and Stotle - I'm curious if BP is going to do a similar kind of thing again this year.

I got a huge dose of optimism from last year's, in which the consensus put the Orioles top 6 overall. And the best part to me was, #6 overall was good for BEST in the American League.

So our farm ranking this year takes a beating, but in part only because our Gausman, Machado and Schoop were helping us win the division by 12 games instead of propping up our 2015 "org rank".

I don't worry as much about farm rankings as young talent rankings:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=22944

These were published last year on 3/3, and Stotle - I'm curious if BP is going to do a similar kind of thing again this year.

I got a huge dose of optimism from last year's, in which the consensus put the Orioles top 6 overall. And the best part to me was, #6 overall was good for BEST in the American League.

So our farm ranking this year takes a beating, but in part only because our Gausman, Machado and Schoop were helping us win the division by 12 games instead of propping up our 2015 "org rank".

Potentially. I have a supplement to the BP Top 101 that is in the queue and our minor league previews rolling out, as well. So it might come down to whether or not there is time.

Damn, ERod comes in at 59. That's two publications that would have had ERod our second best.

I hated and still hate the Rodriguez for Miller trade. If it weren't with a divisional rival, it wouldn't bother me so much. But it was. And it does.

Archived