Hamilton is in big trouble?

Crazysilver03

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“I can say that Josh is going to meet with league officials in New York,” Dipoto said. “At this point I have no other information to offer.” The Los Angeles Times learned the meeting involved a disciplinary issue through a person with knowledge of the situation.

Hamilton has an injured shoulder, and he doesn’t have a locker in the Angels’ spring training clubhouse at Tempe Diablo Stadium.

Hamilton’s agent, Michael Moye, did not return several messages, and MLB spokesman Pat Courtney declined to comment.

The Angels are allowing Hamilton to remain in Houston — at a friend’s ranch — to rehabilitate from Feb. 4 surgery on his right shoulder, an odd arrangement considering most players remain with their teams while recovering from injuries during spring training or the regular season.

Hamilton, projected to be the team’s cleanup or No. 5 hitter, is expected to be sidelined until at least May because of the injury. If he is suspended he could be out until late June or July.

source - LA Times

For his sake, I hope he hasn't relapsed into serious drug use.

Yes. As far as I know, he has been sober for many years, now.

Occasionally, broadcasters would say about Hamilton when he came to bat, "He has many tattoos, and he regrets each and every one of them."

Not that having tattoos necessarily indicates that one is an alcoholic, but apparently Hamilton got most or all of them when he was drunk, and he also doesn't like whatever image that having tattoos may portray.

Josh Hamilton has traveled to New York to meet with Major League Baseball officials about an unspecified disciplinary issue. According to DiGiovanna, Angels GM Jerry Dipoto has confirmed that Hamilton is meeting with league officials in New York but did not offer any other details.

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that he asked a baseball executive if Hamilton’s discipline was for PEDs, and he was told that it is “worse.”

Man sure used to abuse the Orioles.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/127781-Do-you-want-to-take-a-shot-at-Josh-Hamilton?highlight=josh+hamilton

View Poll Results: Do you want to pursue Josh Hamilton?

Voters 231. You have already voted on this poll

Yes, he is the big bat we need and is worth the expense and risk 77 33.33%

No, he will be too expensive and is too risky 154 66.67%

Archived