#10 Maryland @ Rutgers 3/2

Maryland has an opportunity to prove to themselves that they can beat bad teams on the road in preparation for neutral-court first round NCAA tournament games.

Rutgers is a bad team and I'm guessing that their crowd won't be great. Terps should win easily but road games just haven't gone that way this season.

Big pitfall potential here. MD looked tired against Michigan and it's easy to overlook Rutgers ahead of the B1G and NCAA tournaments. That combined with our road woes could make this one a close game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this team I never expect a blow out, but a solid W would be nice to see. Plus all 3 of the big 3 having a good performance at the same time would be pleasant.

Wonder if Checko will be able to run, would like to see him get some more minutes before tourney play.

With this team I never expect a blow out, but a solid W would be nice to see. Plus all 3 of the big 3 having a good performance at the same time would be pleasant.

Wonder if Checko will be able to run, would like to see him get some more minutes before tourney play.

They've said that he probably will not play tonight but might be able to play in the last regular season game.

They've said that he probably will not play tonight but might be able to play in the last regular season game.

Thanks. That sorta sucks, since he had that good game against Wisconsin, was hoping he could build on that. Doubt we see much of him at all the rest of the year unless Dodd or Graham get hurt or into foul trouble.

I think I did that once in High School. :D

I am sure it happens but not the least bit surprised that it happened to him of all of our players.

When you are old and slow and only play pick up basketball you don't have to worry about that. :P

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It has certainly been a slow start for Basallo in AA. Still very early of course, but not loving the 11-0 K-BB ratio. That's unlike him at any level so he may be pressing a bit.
    • Yohan Ramírez is low man on the totem pole but in a true meritocracy Mike Baumann would be vulnerable.  Jacob Webb has done a nice job so far but I saw a 90 mph and nothing higher than 93 mph yesterday.  I’d put him in that group of not totally secure.     Suarez seems like he could be a high leverage nugget if he can’t last in the rotation.  All things being equal, if Bradish comes back, prefer to see Wells in the rotation and Suarez in the 7th and 8th inning role unless Suarez can consistently do a 5 and dive like yesterday.
    • I don't know if the Means camp can force a binding agreement that a minor league stint won't impact his free agency. Without that guarantee I don't see him agreeing to be sent down.
    • Speaking of Fuji quickly, did anyone noticed he was so bad this spring that he was optioned to AAA despite being on a $3.35 million deal and is now pitching to a 9.00 ERA in AAA. Looks like the Orioles evaluated correctly.  Elias and company have only missed on evaluation with Evan Phillips when it comes to bullpen arms.   
    • Here's a really interesting video about Dean Kremer's new splitter from Foolish Bailey on Youtube. He makes some really great videos. He starts diving into Dean Kremer's splitter around the 2:00 mark, but the setup is worth a watch as well, so I didn't timestamp it:  https://youtu.be/y0XCOEt5dQQ?si=GA5Y1e239UODQ0tl
    • I’d rather see him promoted to Bowie midseason if he’s performing well.  No point in getting ahead of ourselves though.  It’s been 8 games.  
    • That'd be about a 26% increase in attendance over last year, with average per game attendance of 30k/game. That'd be outstanding and back in line with what we saw from 2013-2015. Based on the last two series, I don't think it's a stretch to see that as a possibility, but I personally wouldn't call it the low bar for expectations just yet.
  • Popular Contributors