BoltonBob

Another baseball season begins...."In Buck I Trust"

So far, looks like:

BoltonBob & Cathy - March 4-10, Sec 210 and behind

BRambo

TRACE

RoyFirestone

Others?

Have asked for Oriole Bird to stop by Sat. 3/7, behind Sec 210, 211 for pics around 2:30 again. Perhaps a "Hangout Meet-up" after the game. Checking w/ushers for a spot, as Findaddys is no more.:(

Things to do, see, go.....(Add your Favorites, please)

Strawberry Festival in Plant City, about an Hour drive, (through Sunday, March 8) - lots of fun and eats live music and of course strawberries every way. . http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/entertainment/

Pirates (less than 35 minutes away) in Bradenton - See the Yanks visit the Pirates in nearby Bradenton, Thurs 3/5 @1pm & still catch the O's 7pm game. McKechnie Field originally built in 1923, has been renovated several times over the years, including major upgrades in 2013, to become one of baseball's finest facilities. Long history includes Red Sox, Cards, etc. and lots of HOF'ers - Clemente, McCovey, etc.

Also over in Bradenton (6218 Cortes Rd West, 34210) is CLANCY'S Irish sports bar w/outdoor Tiki area. http://www.clancysirishsportspub.com/ Great fun w/outdoor music most afternoons - HH $2 pints, $2.50 mixed drinks. :D

About an hour away, in my Hood, Clearwater, see Phillies, hang out in the stadium Tiki bar w/live music after the game. Then stop by Norton's Southside Sports Bar nearby on Drew St. (Pattie, mgr., is a big time Pittsburgh transplant & Sports fan), then on to Crabby Bills @ Indian Rocks Beach, where Jessica and Jenifer will serve you $1.50 drafts and $1.60 mixed drinks all day 'til 7pm.

Also:

With-in walking distance from Ed Smith (2385 12th St.) is SPORTZ Legends with HH $2.50 pints (12 TAPS) and the best pulled pork in Fl. Outdoor patio and homemade soups and daily specials - Pasta Primovera, and ribs were the specials Monday, March 2.

Nice outdoor patio and Jessica (former Findaddy's server) tells us, that there's free :) gameday parking (w/purchase) and $1 1st beers w/gameday tics.

Owners Raquel and Larry make everything from scratch, including the traditional wings, burgers and sandwiches.

Myself and a Nats fan friend are visiting a friend of ours in Tampa this weekend. We are going to hit a bunch of restaurants and brewpubs as we are all good beer & food aficionados. Our host actually isn't a baseball fan at all but he will tolerate it to go with us to the O's game Saturday (we're in Sec 219), and the Nats/Yankees game in Tampa Sunday.

Flying down Thursday, flying back Monday. We'll be out and about in the Tampa area all weekend, and the two baseball games.

Might try to hook up with some Hangout folks after the game Saturday, I'll keep an eye on this thread, but a lot will depend on what my friends want to do as well.

On a semi-related note, I was a complete idiot when buying tickets back in January on the Yankee site and accidentally first bought 3 tickets to the Monday 3/9 TB@NYY game. Utter idiot, I was just blindly clicking buttons and didn't doublecheck before I hit confirm. So then I went and got our 3 tickets to the game we ARE going to on Sunday.

So if anyone is interested in 3 tickets to the Monday Yankee game, I'll take whatever I can get to recoup the idiot fee I paid for not paying attention.

Bob!

I'll be down there March 13-15. Findaddys closed. BUMMER!

GAMEDAY SARASOTA!

WEATHER next 7 days, evening lows in low 60's, daytime highs 76-80. No Precip in sight. :2yay-thumb:

For those thinking of coming down last minute - Frontier has limited $49 fares from Philly to Tampa - For instance - Lv Philly 3/24, Return 4/1 $49 each way. 2hr flight :scratchchinhmm::scratchchinhmm:

Checklist:

1. Coolers packed (beer, ice cold cuts, juice, soda, mixers, etc.)

2. Snacks, breakfast, booze, cups in box in car.

3. Van gassed, tires, fluids checked.

4. Directions, tics in envelope on front seat.

5. Beer, Booze, computers in car.

6. Suitcase, bags, hats, umbrellas & O's gear packed and in car.

7. Beer, booze, tics in car.

8. Living Social coupons printed and in envelope.

OFF WE GO. "In Buck We trust!"

Cathy... Did we bring the Beer & Booze? And Tics? :D:D

Oh Yeah, I see it!

GAMEDAY SARASOTA!

WEATHER next 7 days, evening lows in low 60's, daytime highs 76-80. No Precip in sight. :2yay-thumb:

For those thinking of coming down last minute - Frontier has limited $49 fares from Philly to Tampa - For instance - Lv Philly 3/24, Return 4/1 $49 each way. 2hr flight :scratchchinhmm::scratchchinhmm:

Checklist:

1. Coolers packed (beer, ice cold cuts, juice, soda, mixers, etc.)

2. Snacks, breakfast, booze, cups in box in car.

3. Van gassed, tires, fluids checked.

4. Directions, tics in envelope on front seat.

5. Beer, Booze, computers in car.

6. Suitcase, bags, hats, umbrellas & O's gear packed and in car.

7. Beer, booze, tics in car.

8. Living Social coupons printed and in envelope.

OFF WE GO. "In Buck We trust!"

Cathy... Did we bring the Beer & Booze? And Tics? :D:D

Oh Yeah, I see it!

I expect a report!

Well, Boltonbob & I arrived later than planned, of course, but we are settled into our usual 2nd floor spot. Great to see us on the field again and the fans are enthusiastic. Beautiful weather so no complaints.

Great. Well glad you did get there finally!

Another baseball season begins...."In Buck I Trust"

So far, looks like:

BoltonBob & Cathy - March 4-10, Sec 210 and behind

BRambo

TRACE

RoyFirestone

Others?

Have asked for Oriole Bird to stop by Sat. 3/7, behind Sec 210, 211 for pics around 2:30 again. Perhaps a "Hangout Meet-up" after the game. Checking w/ushers for a spot, as Findaddys is no more.:(

Things to do, see, go.....(Add your Favorites, please)

Strawberry Festival in Plant City, about an Hour drive, (through Sunday, March 8) - lots of fun and eats live music and of course strawberries every way. . http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/entertainment/

Pirates (less than 35 minutes away) in Bradenton - See the Yanks visit the Pirates in nearby Bradenton, Thurs 3/5 @1pm & still catch the O's 7pm game. McKechnie Field originally built in 1923, has been renovated several times over the years, including major upgrades in 2013, to become one of baseball's finest facilities. Long history includes Red Sox, Cards, etc. and lots of HOF'ers - Clemente, McCovey, etc.

Also over in Bradenton (6218 Cortes Rd West, 34210) is CLANCY'S Irish sports bar w/outdoor Tiki area. http://www.clancysirishsportspub.com/ Great fun w/outdoor music most afternoons - HH $2 pints, $2.50 mixed drinks. :D

About an hour away, in my Hood, Clearwater, see Phillies, hang out in the stadium Tiki bar w/live music after the game. Then stop by Norton's Southside Sports Bar nearby on Drew St. (Pattie, mgr., is a big time Pittsburgh transplant & Sports fan), then on to Crabby Bills @ Indian Rocks Beach, where Jessica and Jenifer will serve you $1.50 drafts and $1.60 mixed drinks all day 'til 7pm.

Also:

O's Bird will stop b 3/7. behind Sec 210,211 around 2:30ish for pics. Meet-up after game, . with the Hangout folks, ushers (Ruth's Bday), etc. ....just up the street...Jager Tavern & Grill, 1100 N. Tuttle 34237.......same side @ light.:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Archived