Adam Jones: 'I deserve a little bit of respect' from front office

eddie83

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't disagree with Adam here. He's the face of the franchise and signed a team friendly long term deal to stay here. Not saying that he should be involved in the decision making but if he wants to know what the team's plan is, he has every right to know.

I think it's a good thing that Adam has interest in and concern about the direction of the team. I understand if Adam was confused and somewhat bewildered about the Markakis move. Every time Buck got a chance, he was telling anyone that would listen how great Nick was and how important he was to the team. Buck didn't hide his affection or admiration for nick. So when the O's didn't sign him Adam imust have thought are buck and Dan on the same page? He's looking for clarification. And if Duquette is not returning his calls it just compounds the problem. Having said this, while I believe Adam deserves an explanation, I don't think he should have a "say".

My Speculation: I think he just wanted to hear from Dan about the whole Toronto situation and couldn't get anyone to tell him what was going on.

I doubt he wanted to complain about anything since we added $10M in payroll and he knows we have a strong team and as good a chance as anyone to win the division.

His Tweeting it all tells me he doesn't care whether he stays an O or not.

"I'm just going to start going to Peter,'' he wrote in a tweet seemingly unconnected to any other. "Screw the middle men."

That's rather extreme, especially when you consider who exactly those mere "middle men" are.

I would have to agree with everything that Adam said. I would also agree that these were not thoughts perhaps not best for tweeting or for an interview with the local paper. That said, I don't think its that big a deal either and he has certainly earned the right to blow some steam. I wouldn't want it to be a habit.

Imagine the destruction that would happen within the FO if players were allowed to go over the heads of management straight to ownership whenever they felt the need. Certainly PA is smart enough to have his secretary explain the facts of life to AJ if he called, because clearly AJ isn't smart enough to understand them on his own. I'm all for players feeling included in general terms, but its called an organization for a reason. Take away the structure and the rules, and it becomes nothing more than the sort of monarchy we all rightly fear from past experience.

Imagine the destruction that would happen within the FO if players were allowed to go over the heads of management straight to ownership whenever they felt the need. Certainly PA is smart enough to have his secretary explain the facts of life to AJ if he called, because clearly AJ isn't smart enough to understand them on his own. I'm all for players feeling included in general terms, but its called an organization for a reason. Take away the structure and the rules, and it becomes nothing more than the sort of monarchy we all rightly fear from past experience.

Nick used to call Peter. This is all about Nick.

Nick used to call Peter. This is all about Nick.

With respect weams, AJ has made it something more by airing dirty laundry in public. If he wanted more respect and more inclusion from DD, IMO this is the worst possible way to go about it. We don't criticize Mods in the forums on the OH. Same idea albeit on a much larger scale.

With respect weams, AJ has made it something more by airing dirty laundry in public. If he wanted more respect and more inclusion from DD, IMO this is the worst possible way to go about it. We don't criticize Mods in the forums on the OH. Same idea albeit on a much larger scale.

Oh, I agree. Adam got stirred up by Nick on this. Quite a bit.

Archived