3/5 Game One (Two games today)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After Chen, Jason Garcia, Mark Hendrickson and Tyler Wilson are possible pitchers. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> also bringing OF Mike Yastrzemski. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriolesTalk?src=hash">#OriolesTalk</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">March 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
After Chen, Jason Garcia, Mark Hendrickson and Tyler Wilson are possible pitchers.
#Orioles
also bringing OF Mike Yastrzemski.
#OriolesTalk
— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN)
March 5, 2015

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Weams,

Have you seen Yaz yet, and if so, whats your personal opinion on the kid?

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Weams,

Have you seen Yaz yet, and if so, whats your personal opinion on the kid?

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I have. I am not in Florida this year. He played with the team on a couple away games last spring and he did not look overmatched. I saw him play with Bowie as well. He's not a big fellow. He is a fast, hustle guy with moderate tools from what I could see. Maybe an upside would be a Nate McClouth? Probably throws a bit better.

I have. I am not in Florida this year. He played with the team on a couple away games last spring and he did not look overmatched. I saw him play with Bowie as well. He's not a big fellow. He is a fast, hustle guy with moderate tools from what I could see. Maybe an upside would be a Nate McClouth? Probably throws a bit better.

Thanks!

I think his size is what puts most people off.

As you said, fast and hustle guy, looks like he was taught the right way to play the game.

I think he has good hand-eye coordination at the plate. so far, if he do that at the MLB level, then he might make a good leadoff guy.

Thanks!

As you said, fast and hustle guy, looks like he was taught the right way to play the game.

I think he has good hand-eye coordination at the plate. so far, if he do that at the MLB level, then he might make a good leadoff guy.

Gotta love guys with the pedigree. Even if he's not that good he might be a small piece.

Thanks!

I think the fact that he was a four year college player puts most people off.

I think the fact that he was a four year college player puts most people off.

You have a point.

Hell, I didn't like it, when I heard they signed the kid, figured it was because of his last name and not because of his prospect future potential.

I will be happy to admit that I was wrong and now in the Yaz's fandome.

I think he will break into the bigs and become a steady and decent full time player. Of course, it remains to be seen, some still only project him as a 4th OF at best.

I like the McLouth comp from a style of player, but wonder if his speed/power isn't a tick or two below. Nate averaged 20/20 seasons in the show from ages 25-27, and led the league in doubles one year.

It's our Yaz's age 24 season, but he's old by the 7/1 cutoff, turns 25 in August, and is just starting AAA. I think it is a great comp understanding that in our Yaz's prime years we're hoping to get something like the post-peak 30-31 year old Nate we enjoyed, which is I expect what you meant all along. I absolutely see Duquette projecting him into the DeAza/Lough slot on next year's roster if he's successful again this season.

I like the McLouth comp from a style of player, but wonder if his speed/power isn't a tick or two below. Nate averaged 20/20 seasons in the show from ages 25-27, and led the league in doubles one year.

It's our Yaz's age 24 season, but he's old by the 7/1 cutoff, turns 25 in August, and is just starting AAA. I think it is a great comp understanding that in our Yaz's prime years we're hoping to get something like the post-peak 30-31 year old Nate we enjoyed, which is I expect what you meant all along. I absolutely see Duquette projecting him into the DeAza/Lough slot on next year's roster if he's successful again this season.

Nate was also very awful for a couple seasons too. That is why I picked him. And yes, Nate is probably faster. But Nate has no arm.

You have a point.

Hell, I didn't like it, when I heard they signed the kid, figured it was because of his last name and not because of his prospect future potential.

I will be happy to admit that I was wrong and now in the Yaz's fandome.

I think he will break into the bigs and become a steady and decent full time player. Of course, it remains to be seen, some still only project him as a 4th OF at best.

Nothing wrong with a 4th OF who has speed, shown decent OBP and can back up CF. Especially where we drafted him.

Archived