Just maybe this thing will work

Bahama O's Fan

If Davis can put up anything like 2012-13 numbers we will be just fine. Anything Schoop gives us would be gravy. I saw the highlight and man it is nice to see Davis driving the ball with that effortless swing.

Situational hitting helps. Looking for a 2-0 FB in a zone, even if he was slightly out in front like he was, he is strong enough to lift it out on a less than perfect swing.

Situational hitting helps. Looking for a 2-0 FB in a zone, even if he was slightly out in front like he was, he is strong enough to lift it out on a less than perfect swing.

Our regulars vs. their c-scrubs helps. Our pitching vs. theirs was pretty good tonight. Pretty even. Our OD lineup made the diff.

This MORNING'S win vs. TB meant more than tonight's win. ;)

Our regulars vs. their c-scrubs helps. Our pitching vs. theirs was pretty good tonight. Pretty even. Our OD lineup made the diff.

This MORNING'S win vs. TB meant more than tonight's win. ;)

Ok... as O'Day, Britton, Hunter got in... not so even any more. :D

I think the practice of reading nothing into Spring Training performances continues to be the best practice.

Jake Fox hit ten homeruns for us one Spring Training. Jon Schoop was our best hitter in Spring Training last year and the worst hitter in our Regular Season Lineup. So.....yea.

I think the practice of reading nothing into Spring Training performances continues to be the best practice.

Jake Fox hit ten homeruns for us one Spring Training. Jon Schoop was our best hitter in Spring Training last year and the worst hitter in our Regular Season Lineup. So.....yea.

It's a whole lot better than them looking terrible in Spring Training (cough, cough, Ubaldo, cough, cough)

It's a whole lot better than them looking terrible in Spring Training (cough' date=' cough, Ubaldo, cough, cough)[/quote']

Ubaldo was one of the better pitchers that day. I thought his velocity was all that was important. And it was good. Who was the catcher that could not get his pitches framed?

Jon Schoop hit 16 home runs last season. That is massive for a rookie in today's power reduced climate.

Jon Schoop hit 16 home runs last season. That is massive for a rookie in today's power reduced climate.

Pretty impressive for a rookie.

Personally, I thought, in spite of the low batting average, his defense at 2nd and skills at turning the double play, add some pop in his bat, was a major upgrade over what they had been running out there at 2nd.

That play in the field by Schoop was basically Robi Cano, though, I'm sorry. The kid's a stud and I don't think there's a shot in hell that Everth takes the starting job.

There's definitely some Robi Cano in Schoop.

I think the Orioles brought Everth in to play. I am starting to think there won't be a ''starter'' at 2B. They'll split time at second. Everth will also get time at SS and maybe a little in LF.

Unless, Hardy gets injured...

Archived